House of Payback

Nina's POV

After the near-miss with Fabian, we return to the study to get upstairs before Victor realises we are missing. I like to think that it's nearly curfew but I feel like it could be more than that, we all put our amulets back on the table and then I shushed everyone, I peered through the hole to the cellar, it was Victor he was flipping the numbers then moaning and getting angry with himself when he couldn't get it right, when he finally left and I saw him disappear up the stairs.

Nina" It was Victor but the coast is clear now"

We all headed upstairs quietly to bed.

-School-

-Classroom-

Charlie's POV

I was sitting with my brother, we both sat at the same desk. We had spent a lot of time last night looking at photos and just talking about our other classmates.

Charlie" So how are things going with Patricia, made up yet?"

Eddie*sighs* No, we haven't said anything to each other since yesterday when she dumped milk all over me"

Charlie*chuckles*

Eddie" I just don't know what to say, even though I bet Jerome and Alfie I could get her to dance with me, I would have danced with her anyway"

Charlie" Just tell her that"

Eddie" I can't she won't believe me anyway"

Charlie" Oh, heads up here she comes with Joy"

I watch as Joy and Nina have an awkward conversation about each other and Fabian before sitting down in their seats, I then look and my brother is holding chocolates.

Charlie" Ooo, are these from Patricia, told you, you guys could make up"

Eddie" Not really?"

Charlie" What do you mean not really?"

Eddie" These are not French chocolates, they are snails"

Charlie" Ewwwww, well she is quite clever I've got to hand it to her"

Eddie" Well if Yacker thinks she can pull one over on me, she is totally wrong"

Charlie*smiles* Oooo, what are you going to do?"

I smirk as my brother tells me his plan, maybe we shouldn't but I do love a prank, that was always the reason I got in trouble at my previous schools, yep Schools.

-Lounge Room-

Amber's POV

We are all sitting in the lounge room after class while Fabian was explaining how we are going to bridge the chasm.

Fabian" Okay, okay so I think I've worked this out, we rig a counterweighted boom system that lifts up the beam and sets it into place. So we simply lift it, swing it, and set it down."

He was describing it with many pens and then he flicked them up. We all looked at him like he had just spoken a foreign language

Amber" Why don't we just lift the beam on its end and drop it down in the chasm like that?"

Patricia" Well that does sound easier"

Fabian" Yeah, well that could work too, I guess"

Well after my brilliant idea we decided to try it out, we decided to go to the clearing where we have our sibuna meetings.

Fabian" Okay, lets do this"

We all give it our best shot and for the first time we miss it but the second time we get it completely perfect.