House of Surrender

Charlie's POV

I was sat in my fathers office, no I wasn't in trouble, well at least I hope I wasn't. He smiled.

Dad" So I wanted to talk about this article competition, your brother is always saying you are very talented and from the fathers and their kids article I think he is right"

I blush.

Charlie" Thanks dad, you really think that"

Dad" Of course I do, so tell me did you enter a article for the competition"

Charlie" I did"

Dad" Oh what might it be, you can tell your ole dad right?"

Charlie" Alright, it is about twins, how close they can be, special bonds and how some twins are not close at all"

Dad" Well, I love the sound of that, I take it, it is based on your relationship with your brother"

Charlie" Yeah that, Patricia and Piper and Nicholas and Nina"

Dad" Oh well, I can't wait to read it and we won't tell Joy but I am certainly rooting for my daughter"

Charlie" Thanks dad"

The bell then goes and I go to pick up my satchel.

Dad" Well I will let you get to your lesson, isn't it English now"

Charlie" Yeah with Miss Valentine, she is really nice"

Dad" Good, well tell your brother I said Hi"

Charlie" I will"

I leave his office, the halls now quiet as everyone had scarpered to lessons. I entered and sat down next to my twin.

Eddie" Hey, where have you been?"

Charlie" Dad, wanted to see me about the article I submitted"

Eddie" Did you tell him what it was about?"

Charlie" Yeah and he said he was proud of me and that he was secretly rooting for me to win"

Eddie" Awww, sis"

Eddie reaches over to hug me. I hold him.

Charlie" Oh yeah, dad says hi"

Eddie*chuckles*

Miss Valentine then walks in and leans on the desk.

Miss Valentine"Okay, so today we're gonna talk about tragedies....Romeo and Juliet even Homer Simpson. The tragedy is a tale that sees our hero come unstuck because of a flaw in their character or their inability to deal with what life throws at them. So often, our hero or heroine comes to an untimely end."

Fabian "Not this time, she doesn't!"

My brother, me and all the rest of the class stare at Fabian as he rushes outside.

Charlie" What just happened, do you think he is alright?"

Eddie" Who knows, Fabian is a bit of a odd one"

Miss Valentine continues with the lesson.

After English class I am sat on Jerome's lap and we are both listening to music, he had one ear bud in and I had the other, Patricia and Eddie were sat opposite trading sandwiches for some reason. Amber and Fabian then rush in.

Amber" Patricia, can we have a word, like now"

Patricia leaves and I look at my brother.

Charlie" Why are you swapping sandwiches?"