chapter six

Bianca watched closely as Ulysses Klaue opened a secret compartment in one of the rusted brown walls. Her arms were knotted tightly around her chest, her long fingernails digging into her forearm. The young blonde was standing between the Maximoff twin, and together, they intimidated Klaue's surrounding guards. Each guard was holding their large guns close, their knuckles whitening around the steel toy. Bianca wanted to grin, liking the way the soldiers flustered in their presents, but the blonde kept her face expressionless, not wanting to look too cocky.

The fluorescent light in the secret compartment made the bottles of vibranium glisten. Bianca's pale blue eyes widened slightly at the sight of towering bottles. Amazement surged through her, questioning how the goofy salesman before them was able to obtain so many containers of the rare substance. Klaue stepped forward then removed one of the vials, making the perfectly organized row uneven. Bianca watched the man closely, making sure that he wouldn't try anything that he wouldn't quickly regret. The blonde was becoming impatient, her fingers fiddling from their lack of action. Adrenaline was pulsing through her like blood, and the lack of action between Ultron and Klaue was boring her. She wanted to fight, to have chaos ring through the wasted boat. The fourteen-year-old wanted to feel power surge through her young system, pushing her until she reigned victories. But how things were going at the moment, it seemed that her wish wouldn't be granted.

"Upon this rock, I will build my church," Ultron said as Klaue handed him the bottle of rare substance.

Ultron's sharp words rang through the air, making Bianca's head pound slightly. A headache had been brewing since she arrived at the worn boat, and the fourteen-year-old couldn't tell what was causing the pounding sensation. At first, she believed it had been nerves. After the last mission she had, Bianca had been a bit jumpy and lost in thought, reliving the events of Strucker's quick death over and over again. Ultron had threatened her, disliking that she couldn't kill her torturer. Bianca would be lying if she said she wasn't nervous for this mission, not wanting to disappoint the ringleader again. The nerves had quickly disappeared when the urge of violence surged through her system, but her head continued to pound with an unknown cause. Bianca desperately wanted the pounding sensation to vanish, the pain was distracting her, making her weak and vulnerable. Bianca could not be either of those things because if her enemy saw her weakness, they would kill her soundlessly.

"Vibranium," Ultron stated, throwing the bottle over to Pietro, who caught it with ease. Pietro's eyes shined, mimicking the glisten of blue-ish material.

"You know," Klaue said, itching the tattoo on the back of his neck, "it came to a great personal cost. It's worth billions."

Ultron lightly chuckled at the newfound information, then responded, "Now so are you."

At that moment, a cellphone beeped loudly and the simple noise brought a heavy tension to the room. One of the guards--probably the leader of the slightly quivering bunch--grabbed out his phone from the back pocket of his brown pant. The guard shared a look with Klaue, who just wore an expression of confusion, before scanning the new messages on the old screen. His eyes widened as messages continued to come up, giving the salesman his heavy money for the rare substance. Seeing the look of shock on his worker's face, Klaue glanced over his shoulder and within seconds, the salesman was mimicking the surprised look. Bianca started picking the dead skin around her thumb, impatiences still swallowing her whole. She was sick of sitting here watching these middle-aged men read large numbers on their old screen when they take the vibraium and leave. But the blonde trusted Ultron, so he was waiting to make a deal with this salesman then she would continue to wait.