Chapter-4: The Talk.

Start from the beginning

"But listen to me first" he placed his hands on the door on the either sides of my head.

He is tall...!!!

"Please" he added softly.

"I've admired you from the day I've heard about you, I guess it was the very first week of college. People talked about the girl who covers her face and whose face nobody has seen. I was curious about you even though I hadn't seen you. Then one day when me and my friends were watching the video of the technical talk...there you were confidently giving the speech. You didn't seem to care about what the people would say if they look at you. You surely weren't insecure about your attire or anything. I had even seen you at the fresher's party and to say that I was surprised to see you with the niqab even then would be an understatement. I so... wanted to know you more, talk to you and what not. The other day I saw you when you were in the canteen when your friends were having a conversation with you. Just after you left my sister told me that there was a girl who she thought was stealing glances at me, I was not interested until she mention that the girl wore a white dress with a niqab. She then showed me who it was ...it was you. I instantly denied telling her that she was delusional you know what did she say?" he asked smiling and then slightly chuckling, his eyes sparkled and cheeks turned slightly pink.

"She said that even I wanted you to notice me somehow. She was right though, I couldn't deny the fact that some part of my heart did want you to notice me and speak to you." He whispered the last part coming incredibly close to my ear.

I was utterly shocked to hear his whole narrative. But more than that I was very much aware of our situation here and none of all this was right.

"Say something, please" he said looking into my eyes.

"All this is not right, looking at you, even for a moment was a sin and I don't want you or myself to get involved in any kind of these sins." I said shaking my head and trying to move.

"Listen, I am not going against anything you say, if anything you've got me back on my Deen. I just want to know you. The curiousness which I have about you is just.. a lot." He said.

"You're crazy, what do you mean by you want to know me, I am not a research project or anything." I said getting annoyed.

I guess Allah is just punishing me for the sins I've done in these past days.

Now, I regret every moment when I looked up at him, instead of lowering my gaze.

"I am very much motivated by the way you carry your Deen in this society, the progress which I've made just by looking at you is insane. I think that when you don't give a damn about the society and live just to please Allah, then how hard could it be for me." He said causing stupid flips in my heart.

"Then you should be the one who should understand my morals more than anyone. How could you think that I would be okay talking to a stranger in this closed room? I know that I'm at fault too for starting this in the first place and trust me, I regret it. After everything said and done, all this is still wrong. Hell...I don't even know your name as a matter of fact." I said realizing the same.

"Adam, that's my name" he said lowly causing those butterflies in my belly which people always talk about.

"That was not the point of the whole thing which I said"

He couldn't act like he didn't even hear the first part of my sentence.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

ADAM

How am I even gonna say her that I am drawn to her, for the way she lowers her eyes every time she feels embarrassed or the way she is so firm in her Deen.

The fact that I am ready to sit here just gazing in her eyes for my entire life nearly scares me. I wonder the impact she would have upon me in the future, when just now I'm willing to experience the sweetness of my Deen just by looking at her firmness in it.

"You make me want to be a good person, you make me want to feel closer to Allah." I said finally, she didn't say anything, so I continued.

"I feel like I can---." I was cut off by her ringing phone.

She glanced at it and then at me.

Her eyes seemed confused, though I don't know what the confusion it was about.

She silenced the call and tried to unlock the door but I kept my hand on it refusing to let her go.

She looked back at me, her eyes...I felt that I would give up my entire life for those orbs of her's.

I let her go.

I knew I had to.

My respect for her and her Deen encompassed the admiration which I had for her.

And above everything else, it was what was right to do, as she likes to call it.

Perhaps, she was just a means Allah had sent to get me on the straight path.

And being on the straight path doesn't mean me to go after her, it means for me to go after my Deen and closer to Allah.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!!

Did the male character fulfill your expectations about him??

How was the point of view of Adam??

Do let me know your thoughts in the comment section below 🔽🔽🔽

Please vote and comment
JazakAllahu khairan