Chapter 16 - Untrust

Start from the beginning

"Oh? What is this you bring me?" Dark Enchantress leaned foward in her throne, intrigued by the vial Dark Choco held in his hand. He opened his fist to show it, before explaining.

"Another healing cookies abilities. Condensed in a bottle, for easier traveling." He stated, setting the vial in her hands. Her curiosity turned into irritation.

"Why did you not simply bring the cookie back here? Is that too hard to ask? You know this is no where near as powerful as the true cookie's powers. Bring them back this instant" she demanded, turning her head away from him to show disappointment.

He shook his head no, "They were too strong, them and others. I only had a small amount of time to prick them with the machine and take what I could. They escaped before any capturing would be made possible." He fabled, reamining calmer than she was.

She scoffed, before handing the vial to Licorice cookie, who held onto it tightly as to not drop it.

"I suppose this will do. Next time, bring the whole cookie in, I want you to prove your worthiness." She said, having to settle for the small vial. "Oh Pure Vanillaaa!" She called out in a sing song voice.

Within a few moments, Pure Vanilla solemnly walked in, looking down as he did. Once he reached Dark Enchantress' throne, he looked up just enough to see the vial she had for him. He knew the drill already, he took the vial from Licorice and brought it up to his mouth.

He hesitated, remembering what happened last time. Dark Enchantress grabbed the bottom of the vial and his hand and forcefully pushed it upwards, making him drink the substance.

Once it was empty, both let go of the vial, making it fall to the floor and shatter. He covered his mouth, keeping his eyes shut and trying to ignore the extremely bitter taste. Last time he ended up spitting it out, and she made sure he paid for it dearly.

"Good job darling, now go sit in the room, I'll call you back if I have anything more for you." She praised him, and waved her arm, dismissing him.

He nodded, and hurried off back to the room with the many machines.

Dark Choco cookie watched as Licorice cleaned up the broken glass, before he turned to leave once more.

He wasnt going to tell her what actually happened, he knew the machine would have killed the kid. He still took his abilites in the end, she would just have to suck it up.

° ° °

You were awoken by the sunlight in the window, it was nice to not be forcibly woken up. You turned over to see Custard still next to you, asleep. Turning the other way only left empty sheets, it seems Pancake had already got up.

You sat up and stretched, your body was still a little sore, but it didnt hurt nearly as much as before, and it was a nice sleep.

It was best to let Custard sleep in a little more, so you swung your legs over on the otherside of the bed, and got up.

From under the bed peeked out Bundt, who still looked tired. You smiled and gave him a pat.

"You need to stay in here for today, Im going to figure out what the plan is. Custard knows about you so, there isnt much of a worry there, but I dont want someone to walk in and see you. Ill.... talk to Madeleine about you, but for now, be careful" you whispered to him, and he seemed to agree with you, returning back under the bed.

Outside in the hall was some chatter, and you went to investigate.

Madeleine, Espresso, Pastry, Latte and Parfait cookie all seemed to be gathered, Raspberry, Chili Pepper and Milk cookie seemed to be conversing with them.