Natalie held a pause for two seconds as she started the car again. She did need someone to talk to. But she wasn't used to talking to Liam, because he had always been closer with her sister. He was still her friend tho. "Mark brought up moving in together and marriage and I told him that I don't want any of that." Natalie told him. 

"Oh that conversation came up rather soon." Liam commented. Because like he had pointed out, he knew that the conversation was going to come up and since Natalie was not willing to go through the same things again, it was going to cause problems.

"Yes and now he's not talking to me." Natalie rolled her eyes. 

"He probably feels humiliated, you know? He feels like you have all the power. You should reassure him that you don't have all the power, even if you do. Because we all know you do. Because, you know it's you."

"Okay that's enough." Natalie chuckled. "Since when are you a relationship guru?" Natalie teased him because he would usually say to not give all your time to one person when there are billions out there. Lexie had serious changed his mind and Natalie wanted to find out their whole story at some point. 

"I've always been. I just needed a serious relationship to bring out my wisdom." Liam said making Natalie laugh.

☾ ⋆*・゚:⋆*・゚:⠀ *⋆.*:・゚ .: ⋆*・゚: .⋆

Natalie was walking down the hallway towards the E.R. where she was paged. "Oh sorry." She said when she pumped into someone. But then she realised that it was Mark. 

"Excuse me." Mark cleared his throat without taking a glance at her and he continued walking his way. 

"Mark." Natalie followed him, hating how he had made her run after him. "Can we-"

"I was paged in the E.R." Mark interrupted her and walked faster. 

"So mature." Natalie said under her breath. "Well, me too. So could you just talk to me?" She asked him. 

"Talk about what?" Mark played dump. Because he was feeling indeed too humiliated that Natalie shot him down so fast. Without a second thought.

"You know what about." But it was too late because they had both arrived at the trauma room they had been paged to. 

"Whoa." Mark exclaimed when he saw the patient on the bed. His face was bloody and swollen. You couldn't figure out what his face looked like. The trauma wasn't just on his face tho, but everywhere on his body. That's why every surgeon was paged in the E.R. 

"Man versus bus." Callie informed them. "The bus won. Check out the left arm." She told Mark and Natalie walked up to the side Owen was, knowing that he was going to need help to stop the bleeding from every part of his body. 

She pulled her hair up in a low bun and got a pair of gloves on. The monitor started beeping erratically. "He's crashing." Natalie said and started examining the wounds around his chest and lungs. 

"What do we got?" Derek entered the room next.

"We got roadkill." Mark stated.

"Mark..." Natalie gave him a look, but he still ignored her.

"You mind?" Owen spoke up next. "He stepped out in front of a moving bus so he could pull a woman out of the way. He's a hero."

"Can you fix the arm?" Callie asked Mark.

"Fingers are already blue." Mark noticed. "If it's gonna happen, it's gotta be in the next few hours."

"Pupil's blown. Stop C.P.R." Derek ordered. "Okay, give me a cranial drill, please. Grey, want to practice your, uh, burr holes?" Derek asked his soon to be wife and everyone looked at him surprised that he was letting her do it. Meredith nodded her head taken aback. Derek turned on the razor. "Stabilise his neck, please, nurse." He said and then started cutting off the patient's hair on the side Meredith was going to do the burr holes. "Okay, hand her the drill. Okay, go in slowly. When you feel it grab, stop, 'cause otherwise you're gonna be hitting the brain." Everyone shared a worried look, but no one said anything as Meredith started doing the holes.