Chapter Eleven: Deku's Dream

One day passed since their unfortunate breakup. They both barricaded themselves in their rooms the first day and didn't respond to anyone if they got a knock at the door. Ochako stayed in bed all day crying through most of it, while the only thing Izuku could think of was get up and start hitting a punching bag in his room as hard as he could to get his mind off of it.

Once it was night time Uraraka fell asleep after getting the rest of her tears out. Deku did the same, but then began dreaming a dream that turned into a nightmare.

In this nightmare All For One was fighting Ochako and she was struggling mightily. Deku wanted to help her so badly, but was already too injured to do anything to save her. All For One got a hold of Uraraka and started slowly torturing her while the two of them were floating high in the air. She tried to fight back but to no avail.

After choking her for about a minute, he finishes her off by shooting her full of projectiles from one of his arms and she then hangs in that arm lifeless. Just before this however, he hears the voice of a woman that he doesn't recognize and she says: "love is the answer."

Deku wakes up in a cold sweat both frightened and confused. He also found himself floating three feet above his bed and then subsequently fell back down once he was fully awake. He didn't know what to think of this occurrence or the dream but it had a similar feeling to the dream he had when he saw how All For One passed on the quirk to his brother that helped to create One For All.

Love is the answer?? Who was the woman who said that? And why did she say it? Was this a nonsensical dream or a premonition? Given that he was floating in the air during it, he was leaning in the direction of the latter. In any case, he noticed his alarm clock was about to go off in five minutes and figured he might as well get ready for the day.

______

Once on the job, Midoriya's day couldn't have been going worse. He and his two classmates were in pursuit of a small time villain that normally would be child's play for him to stop, but his lack of focus nearly enabled the villain to get away and hurt some bystanders. Frustrated by his ineptitude, Bakugo swooped in to do damage control before things got out of hand.

"Dammit Deku, what the hell is wrong with you right now!? Even for your standards you suck today!!" shouted Bakugo. Midoriya suddenly snaps.

"BACK OFF KACCHAN!! IT'S BEEN A REALLY ROUGH LAST COUPLE DAYS FOR ME AND I'M NOT IN THE MOOD TO DEAL WITH YOUR BULLCRAP!!"

For the first time ever, he startled Bakugo. "Whatever. Just get your head in the game." At that, he grabbed the villain to take to the authorities and left Izuku behind.

Todoroki, however, was still there and couldn't help but wonder what the problem was. "I don't take his side very often, but Bakugo does have a point, this isn't like you to be so unfocused. What's going on?"

Deku sighs. "Long story short, Uraraka-san and I had to break up recently because I lost control of black whip again for the third time and almost killed her. Then last night, I had a really unsettling dream. I think it might've been trying to send a message. But I'd rather not talk about it further."

"Sorry to hear that. Don't know what else to say but maybe you should bring it up with All Might the next time you see him."

"Yeah I guess you're right. Let's get back to work."

______

The first chance Izuku had, he texted All Might to meet him at his office on campus. Fifteen minutes later they met up and got down to business. "You look troubled young Midoriya. Is something the matter?"