Chapter Three: Their First Training Session

The week had come and gone since Izuku asked Ochako to start training together and the first Saturday for them to have that chance finally arrived. Although they both would've liked to sleep in for once given how demanding their respective internships were, they both had a burning desire to get stronger. Not only that, but Izuku had a strange feeling inside that he really looked forward to working with Ochako, more so than usual. 

After showering and making his way out the dorms he thought: Where did this come from? Why am I feeling this way? Should I be? The thought never even crossed my mind until Kacchan accused me of wanting to make a move on her a few days ago! She's been nothing but nice to me and I feel happier around her but there's no way she'd feel the same. Besides, I need to focus on this training, and so does she. ...Oh well, whatever.

On her way out the door Ochako was also nervous. During the past week of her internship, she concluded that this new aspect of heavy gravity would activate instead if she felt desperate or angry, because that's what happened during the team battle and happened a few times the past week while out working. 

As for her training with Deku, she thankfully managed to not think much about it during the week but now her heart was feeling stirred up again. Oh boy, here we go! You can do this! It's just training! Worry about these feelings later! She threw some UA gym clothes on, wrapped her hair in a pony tail, and started jogging downstairs to the training grounds.

Izuku arrived at the training grounds first. As he waited for Ochako to arrive, he started doing some warm-up stretches. Just then class president Tenya Iida passed by doing a speed exercise of his own. "Good morning Midoriya! Good to see you out furthering your training, though I'm not surprised! Are you waiting for someone?" "Good Morning Iida-san! I was just waiting for Uraraka-san because I thought it would be good for us to train together on the weekends. We learned a lot together in that match against class 1B so we want to see if we can keep that up." 

"Excellent!" Iida says with his patented arm chop. "You know, I was thinking maybe I should change it up and train more than just my speed. I could always learn something from your attack power and Ochako has really improved her close combat skills. Would you have any objections to me joining you this time?" In Izuku's head, he felt reluctant about letting him join in because of his strange feeling of looking forward to alone time with her, but maybe this would help him concentrate more. "Um...I don't mind. I'll wait to see how Uraraka-san feels about it first though." "Understandable. I wish not to be a nuisance but if she approves, it will be a pleasure to train with both of you!"

Just then, Izuku saw her about fifty meters away, jogging near the building but she looked a little flustered. A few seconds later he could see why. Ochako had bumped into Mina Ashido on the way there as she was also out for a morning jog. Suddenly Ochako's face became extremely red from something Mina said. Uraraka doubled her running speed to get away from her but this just made Mina grin from ear to ear and chuckle. Izuku saw Mina wave goodbye to her and shouted "Good luck today!!" and resumed her jog. Izuku wondered Hmm, what was that all about? Maybe I shouldn't bring it up.

Once Ochako arrived she had a look of confusion yet relief on her face. "Oh good morning Iida-kun. Good morning Deku-kun. Um, was there a change of plans or something?" Iida responded: "Only if you don't mind. I just bumped into Midoriya myself and he explained what you two were about to do. I thought it might be helpful for me to learn some things from both of your skill sets and perhaps I could add a layer of difficulty to the exercises myself. What do you think?"