Chapter Ten: Time with Family

One evening about two weeks after the New Year came in, Ochako was texting her parents on a train ride home from her internship and she let the cat out of the bag to her parents that she was dating someone.

When the news was broken to them it was a mixture of excitement and curiosity. What kind of boy was courting their precious little girl? What is it she sees in him? Who made the first move? How long have they been dating? The questions just kept coming until Ochako was overwhelmed.

Nevertheless, a part of her wanted to bring Izuku over one weekend to their home to answer them all. After all, she became a hero so that she could earn better money to take care of her parents. She would still date Deku even if they hated him but gaining their approval did matter to her.

Now the question is, how does she pitch it to Midoriya? She became more nervous around the time the two of them met again. Good thing they decided to just have a nice quiet walk through the park to talk. This time Uraraka took the initiative in striking up the conversation.

"Deku-kun, I'm just going to cut to the chase. I decided to tell my parents about us. They would've found out sooner or later and I felt the time was right after what happened with our mock interviews. Please don't be mad at me."

Lucky for her, Izuku handled the news better than she expected.

"Oh that's fine! My Mom knows about us now too! In fact, I also wanted to talk to you about that. My Mom couldn't be more excited to know that I have a girlfriend and wanted to set up a time to have us over. What if we did that this weekend? Your parents work during the day and my Mom has the day off from her job so what if we visit my Mom early in the day instead of train together, and then we go to your parent's place later in the evening?"

"That sounds like a pretty good idea! You think she'll like me?"

Izuku laughed. He laughed like she never heard him do before. He usually makes nervous laughter but this time she could tell he thought what she said was genuinely funny.

"Oh man, that was a good one! Just you wait Uraraka-san!" She was a tad reassured by this but still felt bewildered why he would laugh in such a manner. Guess I'll just have to wait and see. She thought.

______

"OH MY GOSH!! YOU"RE EVEN PRETTIER THAN YOU APPEARED ON TV AT THE SPORTS FESTIVAL!!"

This was the first thing that Inko said as soon as she opened the door, followed by an immediate hug from her to Ochako. Uraraka was startled at how forward she was but also relieved that the first impression went well. With that out of the way, all she could do was smile.

"It's so nice to meet you Mrs. Midoriya! Deku-kun really looks up to you and I can see why!"

"Aw, you're a sweetheart! I'm so glad my son found you! Please come in you two!"

With that the three of them walked in and started eating lunch. Izuku was really happy to see that the visit was going even better than he envisioned, but it was still embarrassing at times.

First Inko brought out his old All Might costume that he used to wear as a four year old and Ochako smiled bigger than Deku had ever seen her do before (and that's saying something), and then proceeded to show her some of his old pictures of him as a baby, followed by the grade school years. It was embarrassing, but he knew there was no point to fighting it.

Besides, Ochako got a kick out of it so he could live with it. A few hours passed and the two chatted with one another so much that it almost felt like he wasn't even there anymore! That's when Izuku finally interjected with a loud and obvious clearing of his throat.