Chapter Two: The Training Proposal

Now that the fifth contest between 1A and 1B was over, 1A as a class came out on top overall with three victories, one loss, and one tie. Things had been intense with every match, however, especially with the fifth and final match in which Izuku Midoriya briefly lost control of himself in the middle of the match. Fortunately, Ochako had enough sense and ability to help him snap out of it.

As Aizawa gave them an appraisal of their performance, he remarked: "Well done, Uraraka. You've really matured." She immediately started to blush but with a slight smile and a sense of accomplishment. "Thank you Sensei." She bowed. Midnight gave some follow up commentary and told her "You and Shinso really demonstrated some quick thinking and fast responses. Uraraka especially put herself on the line to help her friend...and I loved it!" 

Mina Ashido, ever the romantic tease also started going after her about what she did. "You just jumped right in without thinking girl! And then you wrapped your arms around him tight! I bet that sure must've been fun!" She giggled. This made Ochaco even brighter red than before and she started looking down at the ground. "W-Well...It's true I acted without thinking. I'll do a better job of keeping a cooler head next time, but if the alternative was doing nothing and regretting it, then I'd be happier jumping in because I was worried about Deku."

Izuku heard this and blushed himself, though he failed to notice how embarrassed and beet red she was from what she just said. However, as the teachers finished up their assessments and the class was dismissed, this made him start thinking about how it might be a good idea to start training more closely with Ochako. Not only are they good friends, but they've always worked together really well and he feels like she'd be a good person to help train him to better understand this black whip power that just revealed itself as part of One For All. Perhaps his keen mind might also help her strategize ways to use this new found ability of her gravity quirk.

As students and teachers alike began to dismiss themselves from the exercise, Deku was about to go ask Uraraka about this, but Bakugo had other ideas and crossed his path. "Took you long enough to get the job done you damned nerd!! What the hell was all that crap going on with those black shadow things!?" 

In his usual nervousness, Izuku replies "Ah well I don't know Kacchan! It's just something that happened! I didn't even know I had this power til now!" "Yeah Yeah, just get your ass in gear and come with me to the training ground! All Might is going to be there too!" "B-but I needed to speak with Uraraka-san about something." "Roundface can wait! Let's go dammit!"

______

For the past forty five minutes, both Bakugo and Izuku were sparring with All Might supervising. Ever since the black whip started manifesting itself, they've been trying to re-awaken it but haven't been successful. "Dammit Deku! Why're you holding back?! You scared or something?!" 

"Wait! Wait! Wait! It's just not activating! I can't help it!" Suddenly All Might chimes in. "All right you two that's enough! Let's take a breather." Bakugo replies "But wasn't the point of all this sparring to get him to manifest those black thingies when he felt cornered?" All Might responds: "Yes but it seems that it isn't working because young Midoriya perceives it as training, not a life threatening situation. Let's just rest now and think of something else."

A few minutes later, all three of them retreat to the break room to rest and talk things out. All Might and Izuku are in deep contemplative moods while Bakugo looks bored and eager to leave, so he cuts to the chase.