37

I threw my tools into the wheelbarrow, finishing up my last bit of chores for the day. My father didn't give me much today since there wasn't a lot to do on the farm that Saturday. It was nice though, to be back. Doing what I used to do with a refreshed mindset. Being away from here for two weeks was perfect. I now was appreciating the little things. The cool yet calming breeze that hit the back of my neck, the faint smell of dirt, and the sounds of migrating birds chirping about me. Everything seemed to finally be alright, after so long.
I had one person to thank...the blonde that has popped into my mind every five seconds. I told him this morning to go back to bed to get some rest. He wanted to help me but, I told him I would be fine and that his rest was more important. Besides, if he did help me, I think I would feel more guilt than relief. Garroth was going through some of the most devastating news of his life and all I could do as a boyfriend was try my best to help. Trust me. If I had the ability to, I would track Garte down myself and beat him close to death. The only reason I saw him being alive was to give him the answers Garroth was looking for. I sighed, trying to calm myself by focusing on the beautiful environment around me.

"Well, you seemed to get a lot done. Did motivation finally hit you?" My Father teased, coming up to me from the house. I chuckled and said; "I guess. You can thank Garroth for that."

"Trust me. I have a lot of things to thank him for," He smiled, patting me on the back. "Now, I think that's it for the day. We'll leave painting the fences for when it starts to get warmer out."

"Sounds great to me," I agreed, looking at the what seemed like miles of fencing on the property. He then helped me get the few remaining items into the wheelbarrow. I insisted on pushing it against his wishes, taking it back to the barn. As we walked across the slightly muddy path, he placed his hands into the pockets of his jeans. Now, usually that didn't mean much to other people but, to mean it meant he had something serious he wanted to discuss. So, I took a deep breath and asked; "Is everything alright?"

"Huh? How did you-" I just gestured to the pockets, him rolling his eyes at himself, apologizing. "Your sister told me that you still haven't told Garroth about your...situation. I just want to make sure you're planning on telling him."

I took a deep breath as to not look pissed at my sister for saying something and said; "No...I will tell him. I just-"

"You don't know how to bring it up?" I nodded my head to which he stopped me and placed his hands on my shoulders; "Laurance, you really care for Garroth right?"

"Of course."

"I can tell he really cares for you too. He has done so much for you and that's not something anyone does," He told me, looking me straight in my eyes. "Being honest and starting the relationship completely open is the best way to go. I'm ninety-nine percent sure that he'll support you either way. Because he loves you."

I gave him a small smile, knowing that there was truth in his words. Hearing him say those things, from someone who I see as a man who was strong and caring, made me feel for the first time relieved and confident. "Thanks Dad...next time I see him, I'll pull him aside and tell him."

"Perfect, as you should. Now," He says, taking the wheelbarrow himself; "let's get this stuff back into the barn before your mother has my head for taking so long."

We laughed a bit as we went towards the barn. When we rounded the corner, I couldn't help but feel butterflies in my stomach as I heard the giggles of Caleb as he excitedly said; "Gar-Gar! Look at the horsies!"

I heard the blonde laugh as he said; "Yes, aren't they cool?"

My father and I entered the barn, seeing the two looking at the horses in the barn. Garroth was lifting Caleb up so he could pet the muzzle of the animal, who whinnied in joy. My heart skipped a beat, seeing the two like that. I also felt the rub on my shoulder from my shoulder, as if my father was giving me that last bit of strength and courage I needed. He gave me a wink before saying, catching the two off-guard; "I see that Caleb found a new best friend. Seems like Laurance has been replaced in that department."

After You Left//A Larroth/Garrance FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara