Chapter 24

Okay, the results are in and the final total is healing powers, though honestly, I think I'm going to be expanding that on that into abilities similar to that of angels from Supernatural, though there will be some angel powers she doesn't have. It'll be a form of energy manipulation that she primarily uses for healing but can also use for other purposes. And now on with the story.

Also, on a different note, am I the only one who thinks that they kind of already downgraded Ralph from the main cast in season 6 of the Flash before they fired Hartley Sawyer. I feel like Season 5 was the only season where he really got to relish in a full main cast, since he had more appearances then.

One last thing, does anyone else think that Cisco might be able to do a vibe version of some of the things Barry can do? And by that I mean, actually create things like vibe blades and things like that from his viber energy?

"So, how long do you think we have until Thawne escapes now that he's been visited by you and Sara?" Frost asked Barry when he returned to Star Labs.

"I'd say that depends on how long his hatred takes to recharge his powers. I knew that as soon as he saw me, his anger would start to fuel his connection to the negative speed force." Barry said.

"And yet you let her talk to him anyways." Cisco said.

"She was going to find a way to talk to him anyways and honestly, I'd rather just do it while thawne is in containment than going back in time and risking him deciding to go after the spear sooner. Besides, he was gonna break out eventually, we all know it. Now we can start placing bets on it." Barry said.

"Fair enough." Cisco agreed.

"Anyways, what do we do in the meantime?" Frost asked.

"Maybe start looking for Thawne's errand boy." Ralph said as he entered the Cortex.

"Ralph, you're back. Where have you been?" Barry asked.

"Running down a lead on this." Ralph said as he handed Barry a newspaper and his blood ran cold at the headline.

"Gorilla spotted in the sewers." Barry said and Ralph nodded as Cisco and Frost looked over at them.

"Grodd." Cisco said.

"We've been so busy worrying about Thawne we forgot about his 'son'." Barry said.

"I know how distracting Thawne can be to you Barry, so I've been chasing down leads on Grodd for Joe." Ralph said.

"Wait, what?" Barry asked.

"Joe asked me to look into Grodd's whereabouts and said that he'd officially hire me for the case so that it didn't look suspicious and we didn't tell you Barry because you have enough on your mind as it is." Ralph said.

"Thanks for that." Barry said.

"So, did you find him?" Cisco asked.

"No. There's no trace of him anywhere in Central City. Which is weird since now that his dad is locked up, he should be charging up here to break him out." Ralph said.

"Yeah, that is weird. Cisco, use the satellites to see if you can track down our monkey friend." Barry said.

"I'm on it. I'll run a complete global search." Cisco said.

"That's weird." Cisco said when the scan finally found Grodd.

"Where is he?" Barry asked.

"It looks he somehow found his way to Africa." Cisco said.

"What is Grodd doing there?" Barry asked.

"Should we call Harry? After all, he did say that he was going to travel to see how many things have changed in this new world." Caitlin said as she joined them.

"Not a bad idea. How's Allegra doing?" Barry asked.

"She should be stable enough to transfer to Central City General soon." Caitlin said and Barry nodded as he pulled out his phone and called Harry.

"Allen, what a pleasant surprise." Harry said when he picked up.

"Hey Harry, how's the globetrotting going and once again, are you sure you aren't Nash Wells?" Barry asked, since honestly, travelling the world like that seemed more like a Nash thing to do than a Harry thing to do.

"Very funny Allen, but no. This is all me, since I'm a scientist and it's my scientific curiosity that's led me to do this. After all, someone needs to figure out how many changes have been made to this earth beyond what we know." Harry said.

"Fair enough. But that's not why I called you." Barry said.

"I figured, what's up?" Harry asked.

"Do you have any idea why our satellites have tracked Grodd to Africa?" Barry asked.

"Wait, Grodd is in Africa?" Harry asked.

"Yeah and I'm guessing you know why." Barry said.

"I do. Allen, Gorilla City is on this Earth." Harry said.

"Wait, Grodd is in Gorilla City?" Barry asked, getting Cisco, Caitlin, Frost and Ralph's attention.

"That would be my best guess. Though how he got there is beyond me, since I was under the impression that he was hiding somewhere in Central City." Harry said.

"So were we. Until Ralph showed up and told us that he wasn't anywhere in the city. But if he's in Gorilla City, then that raises all new problems." Barry said.

"Do you need me back at Star Labs?" Harry asked.

"No, you said you needed time to figure out your place in this world, don't be afraid to take it. Besides, I think you should embrace this new adventurous side of you a bit longer, especially since now you have your mind back." Barry said and he could hear Harry's smile through the phone as he responded.

"I have to admit, it is nice to have my intelligence back, especially since I've rediscovered a balance between it and my emotions." Harry said.

"Well, let us know if you find anything else useful. I'll let you know how we decide to deal with Grodd." Barry said.

"Got it. Keep in touch Allen." Harry said.

"You too Harry." Barry said as he hung up.

"So, what are we going to do about Grodd? I'm assuming it involves charging into Gorilla City and putting Grodd back behind bars." Cisco asked.

"No. In case you're forgetting, the last time we went charging into Gorilla City didn't end well." Barry said.

"He's right. If you guys go in powers blazing, then no one wins. In fact, you'll likely just get killed. Besides, I think that we should consider all the details, like the fact that Grodd's had every opportunity to attack us, but he didn't. He's been living peacefully in Gorilla City." Caitlin said.

"You're assuming that Caitlin. I might not have fought Grodd like you guys have, but I've heard enough about him to know that we can't just let him stay there." Ralph said.

"That's why I'm going to go alone. A solo trip to confront him, find out what's going on with him, because honestly, I'm starting to think that somehow, he might be like us. That's the only way he could even know Gorilla City existed." Barry said.

"But even so, how did he get there?" Cisco asked.

"Hopefully I'll get answers. I'll let you know if I need back up." Barry said as he sped out of the building, towards Africa.