Chapter 2

Little warning, this chapter is where the story starts to deviate from both my old version and the arrowverse

When Barry returned to Central City, he started heading towards Joe's house, since that was where Iris had texted him and told him to meet her, though as he ran, he decided to go through the memories of his counterpart from this earth and found that while a majority of his life was the same, there was one key difference. In this reality, he'd worked up the guts to ask Iris out while they were still in high school and now they were engaged, but aside from that, his life was pretty much the same. It was Iris's life that he remembered had been different, since he remember large gaps of time that they'd been doing a long distance relationship, though he couldn't remember the exact reason, though he was assuming it was because she'd decided to study abroad while she was in college, since they'd both graduated already and he was still a CSI for the Central City Police Department and Iris was once again a reporter for Central City Picture News, though he was pretty sure that once J'onn restored her memories, she would likely be quitting to start up her own newspaper, the Central City Citizen.

Anyways, as Barry arrived at Joe's house, he made sure to return to normal speed before he was within range of Thawne's cameras, since Barry did not want him to know that not only had he already discovered his speed, but that he was also much faster than he should be, since it appeared that Barry's speed was still at the same level it had been before Crisis, maybe even faster since the spectre had unlocked his potential, which reminded him, he needed to talk to Oliver about the deal he'd made with the monitor, and that he knew exactly how to use it. He was saving that for when the Reverse Flash made his inevitable return.

When Barry entered the house, he immediately knew why he'd been told to come here, since in addition to Joe and Iris waiting for him, so were Cisco, Caitlin, Ralph and Cecille.

"I'm guessing that J'onn paid each of you a visit while I was talking to Ryan in Ivy Town?" Barry asked and they all nodded.

"Yeah and I have to admit, your reaction when you woke up makes a lot more sense now." Cisco said as he hugged his best friend.

"It looks like the Flash survived Crisis after all." Caitlin said as she got her hug.

"Yeah, but what about your other half?" Barry asked.

"She woke up as soon as J'onn gave us the brain dump as Cisco called and her memories were restored too, which is good because now she won't have a criminal record." Caitlin said.

"Good. And Ralph, you have your powers?" Barry asked and Ralph nodded.

"This time around I got my powers from the particle accelerator explosion, which hopefully means that DeVoe won't come after me again." Ralph said.

"Okay good. Now we'll have the Flash, Frost and Elongated Man to fight Thawne when he reveals himself as the Reverse Flash." Barry said.

"Yeah, you forgot someone." Cisco said.

"That's because you gave up your powers." Barry said.

"Yeah, but one of the changes from crisis is that the cure doesn't exist yet, which means that I haven't given up yet." Cisco said.

"So you can vibe again." Barry said.

"Yeah, Vibe is back." Cisco confirmed.

"We can start working on the cure again." Caitlin offered.

"I appreciate that Cait and while I do still believe that the cure is a good idea, I don't think I want to take it this time around." Cisco said.

"Meaning?" Barry asked.