Chapter 23

Hey, could anyone see Frost and Norvok being a thing?

"So, how do you plan on getting Norvok to trust you?" Caitlin asked Frost as they sat in her lab.

"I was going to do it the easy way and use Cisco's little toy on him." Frost said.

"You want to restore Norvok's memories." Caitlin said.

"It's the fastest way to get him to listen to me, if he already knows he can trust me. Plus, it'll remind him that he hates Amunett. At least, more than he hates me." Frost said.

"You sure you don't want to tell the team beforehand?" Caitlin asked and Frost shrugged.

"Better to ask forgiveness than for permission." Frost said.

"Even though I would've given you permission and still will?" Barry asked as he joined them.

"Wait, what?" Frost asked and Barry chuckled.

"It's a smart play, restoring Norvok's memories. He was a good friend to you and honestly, it couldn't hurt to have someone with criminal connections in our corner." Barry said.

"Thank you." Frost said.

"Just be careful." Barry said and Frost nodded as she went to get the memory device and Caitlin went back to her computer.

"What are you working on?" Barry asked.

"Just running a few tests on myself to make sure that there weren't any ill effects of the split." Caitlin said, right as her computer beeped.

"What's that?" Barry asked.

"I don't know." Caitlin said as she pulled up the alert and was very surprised by what she found.

"Wait, Caitlin, according to this, even though you and Frost have split." Barry said.

"I know, it says I still possess the metahuman gene. Which means that I'm still a meta, even though Frost is no longer a part of me." Caitlin said.

"We'll add that to the list of questions we need to answer." Barry said and Caitlin nodded as he left her lab, leaving her to wonder how this was possible and what her new powers would be, since she doubts that they wouldn't be like Frosts.

"Hello Norvok." Frost said as she entered the gym she knew he stayed holed up in.

"Who are you and how did you find me?" Norvok asked.

"That's not important. What's important is that you have something I need." Frost said.

"And what might that be?" Norvok asked.

"Information." Frost said.

"What kind of information?" Norvok asked.

"Where's Amunet?" Frost asked.

"Who?" Norvok asked and Frost had to admit if she didn't already know him so well, he would've fooled her.

"Amunett Back. She stole something from me. A friend. And I'd like her back. Where is she?" Frost asked.

"If you know who Amunett is, then you know I can't tell you that." Norvok said.

"Even if it would get you out from under her boot." Frost said.

"Yeah, good luck with that." Norvok said.

"I work with the Flash. He's trying to take down Amunet, we just need to know where she is." Frost said.

"Why would I tell you that? Last time I checked, you're a hero and I'm a criminal. Those two things don't mix." Norvok said and Frost rolled her eyes.