Chapter 18

Okay, so the results are in, Iris is going to be a human vigilante. New poll now, what should her weapon be, since every human vigilante has one.

"So, what exactly did you nerds come up with to split me and Caity up since she is driving me crazy with her lady fantasies." Frost asked Cisco and Harry when she entered Cisco's workshop to find them working.

"Wait, she's letting you see those things? I thought you guys could at least keep your thoughts to yourself." Cisco said.

"Yeah not so much. We may be two people, but since we're crammed into one body, we only have one brain with limited storage space. That means that we can't turn off the psychic link and her fantasies are getting more and more graphic." Frost said as both Cisco and Harry shuddered.

"Okay, did not need to know that." Cisco said.

"Yeah, welcome to my world now. So please, tell me how I can get her out of my head and back into her own." Frost said, ignoring Caitlin's shouts in her head to keep those private things to herself.

"Well, now that we know how serious the situation is, I think we should pick up the pace." Cisco said.

"Agreed. Fortunately, we do have something in the works, it's a modified version of the firestorm matrix." Harry said.

"What do you mean? I'm pretty sure that it's a different situation with Caity and I." Frost said.

"We are aware of the differences, that's why we built this quantum splicer specifically for your needs." Cisco said.

"What do you mean?" Frost asked.

"The quantum splicer we created for Firestorm is designed to stabilize their nuclear energy and allow them to merge. This splicer is designed to do the opposite. We've created it specifically so that it will destabilize your cryo cells to the point where your ice healing should kick in and trick your cells into creating a new form for you in order to stabilize both you and Caitlin, since it will think that your current situation is no longer safe, so your body will do the only thing it can to protect itself." Harry said.

"It'll kick my healing powers into overdrive to the point where they'll cause my cells to replicate into a new body. Caity gets this one back to herself and I get my own body. Quick question, how will this affect my powers? Will I get to keep them, will I get Caity's doctor knowledge?" Frost asked.

"There's no way of knowing, since, like you said, this is different stuff than Firestorm. But it will sever your psychic link with Caitlin, since honestly, there will be no need for since you two will be able to talk face to face." Cisco said.

"Well, I need my own life and so does Caity, so I'm ready to try it whenever she is and it's ready." Frost said.

"Luckily for you, we figured you'd be impatient, so the splicer's all ready to go unless you want to wait for us to run some more tests." Cisco said, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, no. Give it to me." Frost said as Harry handed her the splicer.

"Friendly tip, don't activate it until you get home and then don't leave your apartment until the split has happened." Cisco said.

"Can I ask why?" Frost asked.

"Because once the splitting process starts, it can't be paused and while it may give you your own body, I doubt that body will be clothed, so it might get awkward for whichever one of you gets the new body if you two split in the public." Harry said.

"I see your point. Tell Barry I'll be out of communications until the split is complete, so try not to need a doctor until then." Frost said.

"I will pass along the message, but make sure you bring the splicer back when you're done." Cisco said.

"Why? It's not like I'm going to want to recombine with Caity. No offense." Frost said that last part to Caitlin.

"What did she say?" Cisco asked.

"She said none taken, while she loves me like a sister, she doesn't appreciate me being able to share her private thoughts whenever I want to." Frost said with a chuckle.

"Anyways, the reason why I want you to bring it back is because if it works separating you and Caitlin, then we can also use it to separate your dad from Icicle." Cisco said.

"Okay yeah, I'll make sure I bring it back then. And hopefully it'll work." Frost said as she headed out.

"Yeah me too. Because I'm not sure which one of them I'm more scared of if it doesn't." Cisco said as he and Harry both looked at each other and thought the same thing.

"Caitlin." they said at the same time, right as Iris entered the workshop.

"Iris, what can I help you with?" Cisco asked.

"I want you to make me a super suit." Iris said.

"Okay, you develop super powers?" Cisco asked.

"No." Iris said.

"Then no way." Cisco said.

"Wait, what?" Iris asked.

"Come on Iris, making Wally a suit is one thing, but he has powers. I do not want to face your father for making you a suit when you don't have powers." Cisco said.

"I may not have powers, but I am an air force lieutenant. I know how to handle myself in a fight. Even against other metas." Iris said.

"Sorry Iris, but I have no desire to be shot by your father or having a lightning bolt thrown at me by your husband. It's self preservation mainly." Cisco said.

"I get it, but I figured it was worth a shot." Iris said.

"While I do support you wanting to get into the game, since I do believe that you have what it takes, I'm more scared of what the people who love you will do to me if I encourage you. I suggest you reach out to Supergirl's designer." Cisco said.

"How much of your pride did you have to swallow to say that?" Iris asked.

"All of it, but I will give Kara's friends some credit. They do know what they're doing." Cisco said.

"Oh also, Kamila's memory has been restored and she now works for me again." Iris said.

"Thanks. I'll find some other way to pay you back." Cisco said.

"I'm only letting it go because I understand your concerns. Just don't tell my dad or Barry until after I get the suit and I'll consider us even." Iris said.

"Deal." Cisco said.