Can you hear my voice?

Start from the beginning

Six looked up at him, eyes puffy and red, "There is?"

"Yeah... you can live! Get out of this stinking place and keep her alive in your memories. If you're gone, so will she... I can't let that happen. Now get up, wipe the tears away and smile. Let it reach your ears, let her see how brightly you can smile!" Mono said, standing back on his feet and extended his hand for Six.

She took it and stood at his level, "She can still see me?" Six asked.

"I like to think so..." Mono nodded.

Six let out a small huff and rubbed her eyes with her fingers. "She can see me." She said as a smile started to form on her lips. Mono's eyes shone as he saw her smile spread so wide it reached her ears. She pulled the raincoat over her head and slid her arms through the sleeves, it fell around her almost perfectly, as if no better colour could look good on her, she knotted the buttons and adjusted the sides and looked back at Mono.

"It suits you..." Mono said moving closer to her. He reached behind her head and pulled the hood over her, "I can keep the rain away, but this would also help. Now... shall we get going?" He said, taking her hand in his.

Six nodded, still beaming, "Yes."

As time went by, the streetlights overhead flickered to life once more, filling the street with a faint yellowish light. They stopped for the moment, as now a queer sound came from the buildings. The barrier Mono made kept them safe from the rain, but only by a bit, the sleeves of his coat were somehow getting wet. He looked around, scanning the smashed in windows all about them, and noticed grey lights coming from the inside. "What's that sound?" Six said, moving closer to Mono. 

"TVs? Maybe?" Mono said, unsure. He hopped down the pedestal and made it across the street, Six was close behind him. He got closer and looked up at the old shaggy building, "I don't know... let's try another way. I have a bad feeling about this." But before he could turn around to join Six, the building suddenly bent forward, making Mono yelp in shock. Then came the sound of something tumbling over and rolling all the way towards the window.  

"WATCH OUT!" Six screamed from behind him as she grabbed his hand and yanked him away from the falling debris, the entire wall exploded, and with it, a bookshelf, a couch, an end table and a TV fell out of the giant cavity and smashed all over the streets in front of them. Mono and Six's mouth went agape, as it wasn't over yet. Something was holding on for dear life and the bent-over room. But then its grip failed, and it slid against the wooden floor shrieking horribly. It fell from the window and landed with a sickening crunch in the heap of rubble where the building had spat them out. 

Mono felt the hair on the back of his neck rise as his feet became cold. He pushed Six away from the building and took a few steps back from it, he could see the dark crimson slithering out of its mouth and trickle down the grey rocks. "What the hell?!" 

SPLASH! Six gasped and Mono jumped as a body landed next to them out of nowhere. Mono's breath became ragged, he looked around him in a panic, where on earth did that come from?! He grabbed Six's hand and led her away from the bending buildings and away from the body. A bright light flashed from over the horizon beyond the buildings and eerie music started playing. "Mono, what's going on?!" She said, her voice trembling.

"Stay behind me!" He said, keeping her back, they had to get off the streets now. Then something bone-chilling happened, the body that fell beside them, flung its arms all about and placed them on the ground, it clumsily lifted its body and shuffled back onto its feet, its head dangled in a grotesque angle, then Mono saw its features, face split wide open, eyes hanging loosely from their sockets and ears on the wrong sides. As if nothing happened, it struggled towards where the light was coming from, paying no mind to the bones sticking out of its ankle. The one other corps that fell from the building shuddered and snapped back to its feet, its body shaking madly. This one wasn't any prettier than the last, its features were all folded together and in the middle of its face, was a giant hole spewing a waterfall of blood. It stumbled down the streets and joined the other one towards the light.

"Uhh, Mono!" Six said, yanking at his coat. As he turned to face her she point at the streets behind them, more and more of these horrid creatures were making their way towards them, some were even falling from the buildings above.

"Hurry this way!" Mono said, rushing her towards the safety of the alleyway. They hid behind a stack full of boxes and waited. The monster shuffled by them clumsily, all heading in the same direction. One of the monsters looked towards them, staring daggers into their souls, Six covered her mouth and hid. Mono didn't move a muscle. Soon enough it lost interest and joined the herd.

Before long a voice erupted all across the city, seemingly coming from loudspeakers, "CLOSE YOUR EYES AND LET YOUR EARS LISTEN, TO THE TRANSMISSION. DO YOU HEAR MY VOICE? CAN YOU HEAR THE WAILING THAT COMES FROM WITHIN? LET US CHOOSE TOGETHER. FOLLOW MY VOICE AND LET YOUR THOUGHTS GUIDE YOU, YOU CAN CHOOSE! THE EYE WATCHES OVER AND SEES EVERYTHING, FOLLOW MY VOICE AND BECOME ONE OF US."

The voice repeated those words, over and over... it didn't stop. And after that, the creatures started chanting, "230056... 230056... 230056... 230056..."

Mono peeked behind the corner and saw that the great herd of creatures moving as one and disappearing behind the bending buildings. "MONO!"  A voice called from behind him, at first he thought it was Six, but that voice was just too thick with static to be hers. They both looked back and were met by a horrible sight, it was another one of those creatures towering over them its features all mangled and twisted. They screamed in unison, fearing the worst. But the creature didn't attack, it just looked down on them, mostly staring at Mono, it lifted a crooked finger and pointed towards the building on the other side of the road.

"It's... It's you..." Mono breathed.

"GET TO THE ROOF, AND BEWARE OF THE LIGHT, OVER THERE IS A SEPARATE REALITY." It said, and lower its finger then walked clumsy past them, chanting the numbers, "230056... 230056... 230056..." it went down the pedestal and joined the others in their march towards the light.

------

AH, here we are! got it in 9 days! Progress! I guess... 

10k reads and 645 votes... like... wow... I never thought I'd actually reach this milestone. Oh dear, who's cutting onions in here? *sniff*

I'll be seeing you fine folk very soon! stay safe!