Chapter 15 - A New Problem

Start from the beginning

There was no more bugs, and now it was morning. It was time for you to continue your way back. Your legs felt sore but didnt hurt as bad as before. You had to get going now while you still could. 

You swing the backpack over your shoulder, and pick up the sword to continue. You double checked the compass and map to make sure you were going the right way, and then called Bundt cake to follow.

You were wandering for a few minutes when you felt a chill go down your back. It made you nervous, it felt like you were being watched. You start looking around, stopping your tracks.

"You walk slow" you freak out and swing the sword foward to the voice. Bundt cake cowering behing you.

"Wow, so thats where his sword went. He said he lost it during the small encounter." The voice continued, "You and I both know you dont know how to use that."

You were shaking but held firm and kept the sword pointed at the voice.

The cookie emerges, it was the one from that night. What has his name again? Dark Chocolate? No..  Choco, Dark Choco cookie. Same difference.

He then swept his cape away, revealing a sleeping Custard cookie. You gasped and dropped the sword, running over to get him back. He looked worn out, even a little beat up, but nothing major.

Dark Choco cookie simply handed him to you, without a fuss. "I found him wandering a little to close to scouted area. Had he wandered a couple hundred feet further, a guard would have found him." He states.

You blinked at him, why did he bring him back? He's a healer cookie, thats literally what they needed.

He pointed in a direction, slightly off from where you were headed. "Thats your kingdom, if you walk a little faster, you can get there in about an hour or so." Then he turned, and began to walk away.

"Hey wait-" you called out, and he stopped, turning to look at you.

"Thank you" you say, before turning on your heel to grab the sword and head in the direction he pointed in. He just nodded and continued on his way.

'That was weird..' you thought, was this a trap? Was he going to turn around any second now and get you both? Bundt had a similar idea, and was walking backwards to keep an eye on him until he disappeared.

It didnt matter, the sooner you got to the kingdom, the sooner you could find protection and you wouldnt have to worry about him, hopefully.

You picked up the pace and kept going.

° ° °

"Mhmp.. What happened.. who are you..?" you heard Custard say, you set him down and took a step back.

"Oh my, Y/n! I found you!" He exclaimed and he ran up to hug you. You laughed a little, sure, lets say he found you. "Where did you go? Why were you gone for so long?" He had pulled away to ask.

You pat him on top of his head, and started, "I'm not sure I can explain it all here, lets get back and Im sure aill have a chance to explain". He nodded, satisfied with that answer.

"Where are we right now?" He questioned, looking around at the area.

"Almost back to the kingdom, I think" you said, as you lead him further up the hill. Once you got to the top, you pulled up Custard, and Bundt cake.

"Oh my god its a monster, stand back Y/n, Ill handle it" Custard had noticed Bundt and pointed his sceptor at him.

"No no, dont, hes not a monster. Hes not going to hurt you as long as you dont hurt him. You got between the two. Custard had a bewildered look on his face, but he trusted you.