Chapter 27-Double-cross

Start from the beginning

However, the tension stayed. Locking up like solid rock. Every breath he took he felt his strength returning, infusing, pulsating through his limbs.

In the last second, Zayn avoided another slashing by Colin's weapon, slightly noticing the blood coating his shirt.

This son of a bitch messed with his life. He took Hope from him. He stole from him. He was trying to kill him. But he vowed he wouldn't allow him to get away with it.

He owed Hope that much. She was the one that suffered more than anyone.

He was fueled by hatred, rage and the injustice of it all.

Rage blinded him and overwhelmed his thoughts.

Colin made a third attempt, however, Zayn's hand covered his, wrapping around the handle of the knife so fast and reversing the angle towards Colin's body. He squeezed his hand hard, his bones shifting as he ground them together with every drop of strength he had in him.

Colin screamed again and threw his head forward, trying to head butt him, but Zayn jerked back.

"Let the fuck go!" Zayn warned.

Despite the pain, Colin held on tight, unwilling to release the knife.

"Never." He rasped between clenched teeth.

Zayn yanked him forward and to the right, using his weight and strength to force his body to move, slamming him against the wall and stabbed the knife into the side of his waist.

Colin moaned in agony.

Zayn's rage rose within him, feeding him strength as he hauled him by the lapels of his jacket and slamming him against the wall.

He bellowed in raw fury and drove his right fist into Colin's face hard enough to lift him right off his feet, tumbling to the floor.

In a blink of an eye, Zayn held the gun in one hand, the other wrapped tight around Colin's throat. He shook Colin lightly by the neck. Despite Colin's injured hands, they desperately tore at Zayn's, desperate to get air into his lungs.

But Zayn's grip never lessened.

His eyes spite liquid ice, his whole body coiled with more rage than he could control. Rage he had never felt before.

Colin's eyes bulged and he began to thrash in Zayn's grasp.

"I'm going to make you wish you were never born." Zayn's voice was pitched so low Colin had to strain to hear him.

Zayn heard the front door burst open but paid no attention as he focused on his target.

Instead, he watched Colin's face turn a deadly shade of red as he gripped him by the throat. He was going to make him regret the day he messed with him.

"Let him go, Zayn." Brett intervened. He took a step forward, effectively putting his body between the two of them.

"He shouldn't be allowed to get away with what he's done." Zayn roared.

"He won't. But you can't kill him, kid. You'll be in more trouble than we're currently in."

Zayn shoves him back and releases him at the same time. Slumping forward, Colin's face was beet red from the lack of oxygen as he gasped for air.

Shoving Brett out of his way, Zayn knocked Colin out cold with one final, massive punch across the face.

"That's for Hope." He spat, watching the bastard lose consciousness.

"And that, my friends, is how you kick some ass!" Sammy exclaimed somewhere behind him.

Zayn was ready to respond when he watched Sammy out of the corner of his eye approach Colin's body. While still unconscious on his side, Sammy lifts his leg and nudges Colin's shoulder. His body slumps back. Sammy kneels, a dark object in his right hand.