Prologue

"Quickly- We need to find a way to slow him down!" Aine, the representative for the Fae, yells as she and three others run to The Room of Souls.

"Wait! Where is Alastor and Miranda?!" Raven calls out, frantically searching around as there were six of them.

"They stayed to help the guards hold down the door. I told them not to!" Leonidas, the representative for the Shifters answers, though it is clear he is upset about it.

"Why would they do that?! We need them!" Aine responds.

They see the big double doors ahead, blue light emanating from the cracks around the door, making the dim hallway light up the closer they get. The hallway being lit by torches every few feet, and the floors covered in slippery moss. No one was needed in The Room of Souls until today. As today is the day that Lucifer's son attempts to take over the world, but in order to do so, he needs to awaken his full power. In doing so he needs the six representatives that make up the council, as they have what he needs.

Aine pushes through the wooden double doors, and nearly stumbles into the room. Once everyone made it in they shut and locked the door by bringing down the latch. It won't hold against Him for long, but it will do. They gather around the Fountain that harbors the Souls, the souls that will be given a destiny to uphold.

"What are we doing here Aine? These souls won't do us much good." Dovien, the representative for the mer-folk speaks up.

"Because- He needs things from us, but he can't have it, I won't let him take it from us. So- we're going to give it to them." Aine says, then gestures to the souls, waiting for their mission.

"Yes, but if we give it to them, they won't know what to do with it- they're not going to understand that they need to stay far away from each other to keep Him from getting it." Raven tries to reason.

"I understand your concerns, but hear me out. He knows we have what he needs but if we give it to them he won't know where to look. And what are the odds that they will come together? And then, even if they did- what are the odds that he'd even find them? By the time they're born the world will have an abundance of bodies. Bodies that he'll search, and search he will because it will take him thousands of years to find." Aine finishes, looking through the Fountain she searches for a worthy soul.

"Why don't we just destroy it then? He won't get it if it's gone." Leonidas suggests, but he too looks through the fountain, looking for a worthy soul as well.

"If they're destroyed then we won't have a weapon against Him. It's better if we follow what Aine says. The Fae are knowledgeable and cunning. Her plan may just work." Raven speaks.

After hearing what Raven says Leonidas and Dovien understand. They understand that this is the best thing to do, otherwise He will win, He will get what he wants.

~♫~

"Glad we're all in agreement." Aine smiles. Looking down she picks up a soul that she deems worthy to take the power needed to fight back against evil. Once she finds her soul the others seem to find the worthy ones for themselves as well.

"My friends, I'm afraid we may die today. But with these souls, we'll come back to a new life, a life where we can finish our mission, because as we are today there will be no winning for us. We will inevitably lose this battle. So my friends, let us meet in the future and until then I will bid you farewell." Aine bows to the others, causing them to tear up. The realization of what's to come hitting them like a tidal wave.

They all bow to each other, saying their goodbyes as they know this will be the end.

"Remember who we're doing this for. We're doing this to save those we love, and in doing so, we save whom they love as well. This is a sacrifice that is needed to protect everyone." Raven says as she stands tall.