33| change of plans

"Duck!" Kane screamed out to no one in particular, hoping to prevent any deaths

Kane lifted his head up to see Austin, Bernard, the girls and Olivia? They all were smirking.

He understood the rest, but Olivia? She was a mole the whole time.

Leah noticed Olivia standing with them, and it made sense to her now.

Since the day she meant her, Leah always had a weird feelings about her.

Despite clicking extremely well, Leah had a unusual feeling about this friendship. It was something she couldn't place her finger on but her gut felt a weird feeling.

It was a little weird how they immediately clicked and became friends as they had similar hobbies.

Leah had a hunch but she thought she was just overthinking. But, she always kept it at the back of her head.

If in the event where Leah just misunderstood Olivia, it would save her from embarrassment. However, it turns out her gut feeling was always right.

Before anyone could react, another bullet was fired, aiming towards no one in particular.

Where were all the bullets coming from, they had no idea, but what mattered were the bullets currently aiming towards Matthew.

In an instant, Leah jumped forward, causing her to take the bullets instead. By then, everyone went to her.

Enya immediately acted quickly, calling the ambulance. Leah by now was losing blood at a constant rate.

Kane's eyes had tears, afraid of the worst outcome. Enya had told him the ambulance was on their way, hoping to calm him.

As expected, the paramedics arrived within five to ten minutes of the call and swiftly placed Leah on the stretcher, wheeling her off.

Kane, Kayley and Liam tagged along in the ambulance while the rest drove off in their cars.

It was a nerve wracking experience. One happy occasion turned into something so bad.

They couldn't even get a breather, even for just a short while. Kane now just hoped Leah would be alright. He couldn't imagine his life without her.

Once they reached the hospital, it was just a waiting game. Everyone also came by slightly later than them.

All of them were worried but they also were curious as to where the bullets came from. It was as though it was a sniper which made the most sense since neither of them were holding a gun. With their calm and cool posture, it made the most sense.

By then, they were nowhere to be found. At this point, police had also came down to the hospital to get their statements.

At the same time, they were tracking down their whereabouts after hearing Kane's testimony, which proved to be a very vital information.