10| the 'date'

Without knowing, time flew by fast and it was already lunch time

Since she still had quite a bit to do for preparation for the new hire working with her, she did what she did yesterday and ate while doing her work.

This time, thankfully, was a smooth ride.

No one bothered her much which was good. Leah didn't want to be pitied and looked at differently, etc.

She doesn't want to be known as the girl who has burns or the girl who is a mess, etc.

Leah slurped on her pasta, enjoying the flavors exploding in her mouth. Delicious, she thought.

In a few hours time, both Kane and her would be meeting for dinner.

It was fast, in a blink of an eye, it was already Friday, the end of the week.

She didn't want to admit it but she was actually looking forward for the dinner.

But she knew she couldn't get close to him.

For one, there are other people who are more worthy to be his lover. Two, Enya. She is one scary yet small female. And three, Jessica is one crazy human.

It was better to play safe than be sorry.

Getting back to her work, Leah tried not to think too much and just focus. No overthinking in this household.

When she saw lunch time was almost over, she decided to wash up the container so she didn't have to later.

It was likely she will take some time to decide what to wear, what to do, etc.

With that out of the way, she resumed working, taking breaks here and there.

•••

Her phone vibrated as she was packing her things to go back home.

It was from Kane.

Kane- I'm sorry but change of plans. Let's meet at 7 instead. I'll pick you up at your place. You okay with the changes?

Leah- yes that's fine. i was about to text you the same thing 🙃

Kane- Alright. See you then!

Leah- see you!

Leah ended the conversation. If she ended work at 6, it was impossible to meet at 6. Unless, she wore what she wore to work.