12: Goodbye

2 months later

The last few weeks have been very crazy, we had to take the boys to their doctors appointments, we had to clean the house up before some of Alex's family came to stay with us, then there was his family staying with us which was insane since Rose had also had a baby a few months after we did.

I was sitting on the couch when all of a sudden I felt like I had to throw up. I ran to the bathroom and made it just in time. Alex came running in after me and held my hair back. Once I felt like I was done throwing up I plopped down on the floor. I looked over at Alex and saw a worried expression yet again.

"What was that Abbie? Are you ok?" He got up and moved to get me a washcloth.

"Yeah, I'm fine, it's just that I've felt nauseous the last week or two, but I actually threw up this time." I smiled at him then he helped me up. I looked at him and he seemed deep in thought. I was about to say something when he said something instead.

"Abbie? When was the last time you had your period?" he looked at me and in his eyes he looked giddy but also nervous for my answer.

"You know, now that I think about it I am late, but do you really think that I'm pregnant?" he nodded his head and started to drag me out of the bathroom. "Where are you bringing me?"

"We're going to the store to get you a pregnancy test." He was very determined to do this but I knew he couldn't come with me to get it.

"Alex you stay here and watch the boys, I'll go get the test ok?" he nodded then handed me the keys and pushed me out the door.

The second I walked back into the house Alex had me go take the test. Alex came rushing in the second I opened the door.

"What does it say? Are you pregnant?" He looked around for the test and when saw the test he grabbed it and studied it very closely.

"Why are there no lines? Does that mean you aren't pregnant?" the second before Alex said that the garage door into the house opened.

"Did I just hear someone say pregnant?" Christine popped her head around the doorframe.

"Yes you did but the test hasn't confirmed or denied it yet." I walked over to her and gave her a big hug. I haven't seen her in a few weeks since she's been in Hawaii with Dereck.

We walked out into the living room to talk and a few minutes later I pulled Alex into the bathroom to see what the test said. My heart nearly stopped when I saw what the test said.

"What does that mean?" Alex asked as he looked in between the test and me.

"It says that you're going to be a dad again." His eyes grew wide then he scooped me into the biggest hug. After he set me down he kneeled down and kissed my belly.

"Hi there baby, or babies, it's your dad, I know you can't hear me but I just wanted to say that you have the best mom in the entire world, and we can't wait to meet you in a few months." he kissed my belly then we walked back into the living room.

"Well what did the test say?" Christine was on her feet right away and walking towards me.

"It says that I'm pregnant." We squealed and she gave me the biggest hug. That night I fell asleep very happy.

A few weeks later it was time for our first ultrasound, when we got there I already knew the drills from when I was pregnant with the boys. After a few minutes of the doctor looking around she stopped in one place and froze the screen.

"Congratulations miss, you are six weeks along with twins." My mouth dropped open a little.

"Can you tell if they're fraternal or identical?" I asked. The doctor went back to looking around and once she was satisfied she pulled back.