02: The Last Mission

When I started to wake up there were more voices than before but they were much quieter and it smelled like home always had, like warm cookies, when I wasn't nearly as light headed I opened my eyes and looked around, for a second I thought I had been kidnapped and brought to a little girls room, then I remembered this was my nieces room, as my brother had a kid when he was 15. When I got my head on straight I tried to stand up but I guess my legs weren't nearly as strong as they felt because right as I was about to let go of the small bed frame my legs suddenly melted into a puddle underneath of me and I landed with a thud. A few seconds later my mom and Alex came barging in pushing each other out of the way so they could be the first one to me but they ended up getting there at the same time one grabbed my right arm, the other my left.

" I'm fine! I don't need your guys' help." I muttered.

"You are obviously not fine, you just fell and the 'drop' was only a foot high" Alex told me.

Mom scowled at him and he held his hands up in surrender but as soon as he saw that his action made me lose balance he quickly snatched my arm back into his hand. When he did that there was almost a little jolt of electricity and I think we both felt it cause right after he had touched me we both looked at each other. Mom and Alex carefully moved me back to Eden's bed, my niece. Once they made sure I was comfortable mom said she was going to get me some water and she left me and Alex alone.

"What happened?" I asked.

"You passed out." He answered truthfully.

"Weird." I said

He nodded. I looked over at him and he was staring at me.

"Do you regret it?" He asked me.

"Regret what?" I asked confused

"T-The kiss." He stuttered.

"No, not at all. Why do you?" I whispered.

"No! Why would you think that?" He rushed out.

"Well you seemed kind of- I don't know, I just seemed like you regretted it based on the face you were just making" I shyly replied

Instead of answering me he carefully grabbed my face where I could tell I was going to have a bruise, and he slowly kissed me sweeter than the last kiss we shared. We broke apart at the clearing of a throat by the door and when we looked up it was mom holding a glass of water.

"When did 'this' start happening?" Mom questioned.

"It's complicated." I stated.

"Try me." Mom challenged me.

"Well apparently we've liked each other for quite a while but we first acted on it this afternoon." I replied honestly.

"That doesn't sound that complicated now does it?" Mom snapped.

She made me feel like a coward because I hadn't acted on my feelings sooner.

"That's enough now Ellen." Ian grumbled, "You're probably making them feel bad about themselves."

He had a point. One of the reasons I hadn't acted on my feelings is because I had no clue he felt even slightly the same feelings I did. Ian was very brave to call my mom out like that because if I even slightly raised my voice at her she would ground me for a month.

"Now let's let these two talk about the recent events and where they will head from here." Ian said.

"I suppose you have a point." Mom huffed.

She put my water glass on my night stand and gave me a look saying 'good luck' but it also said 'don't mess this up' at the same time. Once she was out in the hall she turned and closed the door. It surprised me that she closed the door because even when I was in my second year of college she always made sure that I had the door open if a boy was over.