Chapter 19 ~ Thoughtful Suprise

ابدأ من البداية

What was that?

---

I stood at the gates at school, waiting for Eren. A few kids walked past as I just stood there like an idiot waiting. Where was he? I looked in the direction of the school where more kids were walking towards me to leave, but I saw a few of them yelling and getting pushed. I then saw Eren emerge the crowd of people and ran up to me.

"H-Hey!!" He said, a little louder than he should've. His hair was poking up in all sorts of directions and a large dopey grin was plastered on his face.

"What's wrong with you?" I giggled.

"Well I bought about 3 iced coffees and drank them within a span of three seconds and now I kinda can't stop twitching and my mouth tastes like shit because I like coffee but at the same time I hate it and I think it just tastes really weird and-" He blurted out all of his words so fast I could hardly understand them.

"Jesus, calm down!" I laughed while shaking his shoulders.

"I'm okay, I'm okay! Lets go cmon, cmon!!" He grabbed my arm and started dragging me out the school gates. He started running and I followed close behind him, seeing as he sucked at running and I was in a soccer team. After a while he got tired of running and it turned into a slow jog, before we eventually reached a hill. I had no idea where the heck we were.

"U-Up there." Eren puffed, sweat dripping down his face.

"Come on then." I rolled my eyes, motioning him to follow me up the hill. He regained himself and quickly ran infront of me.

"Okay, okay, wait. You have to close your eyes." He said.

"Why?"

"Just..." He came up behind me and covered my eyes with his hands.

"Eren!" I whined.

"Just don't look until I say you can okay." He assured me.

"Fine." I mumbled.

He led me up the hill while covering my eyes until we reached the top.

"Okay, now... Open." He whispered, taking his hands away.

I opened my eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. We were standing on a tall hill, which overlooked a massive waterfall, surrounded by trees and large rocks. The place was so beautiful, yet... So familiar...

Then it hit me.

"E-Eren..." I whispered.

This was...

"You know Armin, one day you are going to grow up into a big strong man with a family of your own, and maybe some day you can show your children this place too..."

"Well when you described the place where your mother took you, I decided to look it up to see if I could at least find a place similar to it... Is this... similar? Do you like it?" Eren looked at me nervously.

I glanced at him, sending him a real smile; one I haven't used in years. An actual, pure, happy smile, that hid nothing at all. A tear fell down my cheek and I laughed.

"I can't believe you did this!" I wiped away at the tear, laughing and crying happily.

"Is that good or.." He stood there, looking a bit worried that I wasn't going to like it but

I can assure you, it made me everything but unhappy.

This boy standing right here, had given me more happiness in almost 7 months than I had ever had in my entire life. Now, he had gone out of his way to find a place for me that would make me even happier. God knows how much time he had spent looking for this place, but he did it all for me.

So without a second though, I lunged into his arms for a hug, laughing and crying as he sent me a warm smile I couldn't resist.

You shouldn't...

You shouldn't...

But I did.

I looked him right in the eye and stood on my toes, connecting our lips together. I couldn't hold back anymore. He had made me the happiest person in the world, which made him at least a million times more attractive than he already was. He kissed back and I'm not going to lie, he was good at it. His lips were so soft and perfect, and the kiss was slow and sweet. I pulled away and hugged him.

"T-Thank you, Eren." I whispered into his chest.

"Anything for you." He placed his chin on my forehead and hugged back.

We sat down and had an amazing picnic there together; I never knew Eren could be so romantic. When I first met him I thought him to be one of the douches that only wants to get in your pants and has no considerations for your feelings, but now I've seen a side of him which is much, much more than that.

Eren is an amazing person. Not only are his looks attractive with his bright, emerald green eyes and messy brunette hair, his personality matches his great looks. He is kind, caring, and fun to be around. He can always cheer you up and is constantly looking happy, whether he is or not. He doesn't worry about himself, but others. I understood his opinion on homosexuals now. It wasn't that he didn't like them, if anything in my opinion I thought he admired them. The way he looked at Jean and Marco was one of admiration. He had even admitted to me once that they were probably the cutest couple he had ever saw.

The only reason his idea on homosexuals before was one of disgust was because of his father (even though he really wasn't one). One bad factor can change your whole opinion on something, and that was what happened. The only major flaw about Eren was his anger issues, but no matter how much he would protest, Eren was actually a very smart guy (at times). So even if he did have his outburst, he could fight to the bitter end, and I thought that that was somtimes another good quality of him.

Eren was simply perfection, really.

Unfortunately, I on the other hand, was anything but perfection.

I'm a guy who can't make his own decisions, therefore dresses like a woman to get his father to like him, I love a guy who has had a bad experience with gays so therefore I will never have a chance with him, I pretend to be someone I'm not, both physically and emotionally; I'm just a weird, lonely nobody. I waste my life telling myself that I can keep my gender a secret forever, but I know deep down I can't. I just can't! I don't even know how I'm going to tell Eren... And I know I will eventually have to.

"This... This was really nice of you Eren..." I whispered as we were walking home. "You don't know how happy this has made me..."

"I'll do anything for someone I love." He sent me a warm smile.

I smiled back but then looked at the floor. God, he is going to hate me when I tell him. How am I going to tell him? When am I going to tell him?

"T-Thanks again." I smiled as we approached the front of my house.

"You don't have to keep thanking me you know." He chuckled.

I nodded and looked down.

"Hey." He said softly. I looked back up at him and met his eyes. "You seem a bit nervous, is something wrong?" He asked.

"Me." I replied.

"What?" He looked puzzled.

"I-I'm wrong." I whispered.

"What do you mean you are wrong, Armin? You are anything but wrong-"

"How do you know that, Eren!? You don't know the real me!" I cried, turning and running to my house.

I gotta leave.

---