Chapter 19 ~ Thoughtful Suprise

double bracket in bold halfway through a chapter is just authors note btw

---

Armin POV

I sat in class, bored out of my mind. I was usually so excited to be in Mr Smith's class, but today I just couldn't stop thinking about Eren.

Well what's new.

But this time it was different. Eren hadn't been his usual self for a week now. Ever since that incident with his dad hes been a bit more quiet. Not only that, but now that Sasha and Connie he was a third wheel anyway, so that could be another reason he was quiet. He was always distracted too. I tried to talk to him a few times but he answered with short replies, cutting off the conversation. I really wanted to help him but I didn't know how.

Is...

Is this maybe the reason he's so homophobic?

"Arlert?" Mr Smith waved his huge ((yaoi)) hand infront of my face.

I shot up and looked at him. "Y-Yes, Mr Smith?"

"The bell went you know." He smiled.

"O-Oh. S-Sorry sir." I muttered, picking up my stuff.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit distracted." He looked at me with concern.

God, please don't rape me like Mr Ackerman did to Levi.

"Yeah, just a bit tired." I smiled weakly at him.

"Take it easy, okay?"

"Okay, thank you sir." I waved at him and left the classroom.

I walked along the school footpath, still thinking to myself about Eren as I bumped straight into someone.

"S-Sorry!!" I looked up and saw Eren standing there.

"Hey, Armin." He smiled. I smiled back, feeling as if I were melting into a puddle. I felt nervous and embarrassed around Eren now, not semi-comfortable like I used to be before. I didn't know what was happening with my emotions but I needed to stop it.

"W-Where are you going?" I asked. Our table was in the other direction.

"Just for a walk." He shrugged. He walked past me and I frowned.

"Wait." I said, hopping by his side. "Why are you going for a walk?" I asked.

"I just need a breather." He sighed.

"What's wrong, Eren? You've been off lately." I looked at him sadly.

"My family just hates me at the moment." He smiled. It wasn't really something to be smiling about though, and that meant he was in a alot of pain.

"Eren, that's terrible. Why do they hate you?" I asked.

"They just think I'm being unreasonable about dad and everything. And even after I told them he slapped me, they aren't believing me, especially since 'dear old dad' is actually denying he slapped me." He spat.

"I really wish there was something I could do." I looked down.

"I did want to show you something. You could do that for me." He smiled.

"Show me something?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"I'll show you after school. Meet me at the gates normal time?"

"Well... Yeah sure, I guess-" I shrugged. He cut me off by kissing my forehead.

"Sweet, see you then." He smiled and walked off. I just stood there in awe. I slowly brought my hand to my forehead to touch the place where his lips had touched.