The darkness

A short filler chapter as I write the main plot line with Jordie and Kaz, enjoy.

3rd person POV

Luciel stood in Kaz's room a concerned expression on her face as she huffed.

"Kaz...h how did you get like this?! The quiet 9 year old boy wouldn't back off of a job that cost 1,000 kruge Kaz! W what happened?! Why are you so dark?"
Luciel exclaimed as she put down a bloody and empty bag of kruge, what Luciel didn't know was Kaz wasn't about to tell her he ended the heist abruptly because his hands were shaking too much for him to climb down the roof...and he hates heights.

"Its something I know that you don't need to, it's done and it's handled."
Kaz said his voice cool but sharp as he his his gloved hands by his sides.

"Well then what happened Kaz?! Before Brekker when you were Rivtfield! What happened when Jordie wasn't there to pull you back from the darkness?"
Luciel asked her hands on his desk leaning forward her tone a little sharper.

"Brekker grabbed me by my hands, forced a pair of gloves on and pushed me into it."
Kaz said his eyes a dark bronze his tone stone on stone.
"And broke me down brick by brick."

Kaz turned his face away from Luciel's direction his jaw clenching and unclenching not meaning to show that much vulnerability.

"Didn't you have a light?"
Luciel asked her tone softer.

"I did...but you were gone."
He said his eyes holding hers for a second before flickering back to the floor.
"So I learned how to see without it."

Kaz turned on his heel his cane clicking against the floor as he limped over to the office away from the smaller desk that was in his small bedroom where Luciel stood watching him limp away his words repeating in her head.

"You were gone..so I learned to see without it."

"And it broke me down brick by brick"

"Brekker forced a pair of gloves on my hands and pushed me into the darkness."

Could she pull him out of the darkness and show him the light again? Or did the ghostly figure just add a fog into Kaz's already foggy vision...