"Don't touch me."

Start from the beginning

There was a moment of odd, charged silence as you regarded him and Aurem stood there, frozen. Clearly, without a shadow of a doubt, cursing this man for asking for notes, of all things, with you right there.

You knew you didn't have the right to be mad at Aurem. Chan was kind and always a good sport, someone people couldn't help but gravitate towards because of his contagious smile and laugh. You couldn't control who she talked to, who she decided to be friends with.

However, that didn't stop you from being a little bitter about the fact this man's presence was this close to humiliating you in front of the entire campus because if you fell and began gasping because of a panic attack, people tended to believe you were at least a little possessed. Even without some Greek monster invading your body.

At your lack of response, Chan sighed, then shot you a weak, sad grin when he looked up again. "Surely you haven't forgotten me, Y/N?"

No. You hadn't. Flashes of memories still crackled angrily through your head at the very sight of him, asking your breath short and head spin.

That was the problem.

You hated it .

You couldn't help the scoff that left your lips then as you looked away, hugging your arms around your midriff for a bit of support against the nausea beginning to rise in your gut. "Would it even be possible for me to do that?" you snapped, voice coming out harsher than you intended it to as you shook your head, "Do you really think I could, even if I tried?"

Aurem winced, reaching out to you and gently touching your shoulder at the rawness coating your words.

Chan flinched as if you'd slapped him.

You glanced around, the permeating light of noon warming your back and illuminating the people around you still walking across campus. You couldn't say your interaction with Chan wasn't attracting at least a few stares, but you had to admit you couldn't care less at the moment when your knees genuinely felt like jelly and were this close to giving out.

You could only grit your teeth, breath rattling too much in your lungs for you to even attempt to force words out, his gentle words and bouncy hair setting off too many memories for you to think straight.

"Dude, watch it, your girl—"

"Stay out of it, Chan! Damn f*ckin' straight, she's my girl, not yours!"

"Look, I—" Chan frowned and ran his hand through his hair, shaking his head at your cold, almost angry attitude that completely juxtaposed your pale, pallid skin and the tremble in your hands. "I get why... why you don't want to see me, Y/N, I do, but..."

At the way your eyes hardened— because obviously if he knew then WHY WAS HE STILL HERE— he rushed to finish his sentence, stumbling over his words.

Except you didn't even hear them.

Chan reached out to gently touch your shoulder, and you felt a jerk go through you where his fingers rested on your collarbone, feeling like fire against you. You yelped, jerking away and stumbling back, the edges of your vision going fuzzy with an irrational terror.

His touch physically felt like it burned, and you stood there, frozen with the most evil sort of fear you'd ever experienced.

"Little b*tch, how many times do I have to remind you that you belong to ME?"

Aurem finally decided to intervene, quickly tapping Chan's arm and shaking her head. "Chan!" she hissed, a little agitated as she glanced at you, clearly distraught and not thinking clearly, "Chan, enough! What are you doing?"