Chapter 9

Yasaka POV

"That man..." I think, silently recalling his touch.

The spot in my face where he wiped my tears away still fells warm, as if he never stopped.

I sigh before climbing into bed and preparing to sleep.

Time skip late into the night.

3rd person POV

Three silhouettes can be seen darting around in the shadows of the castle, seemingly searching for something... or someone.

They continue throughout the castle till they arrive at a set of doors.

One of the silhouettes cracks one of the doors open and looks inside.

Laying peacefully in bed is the head of the Yōkai faction, Yasaka.

The figure fully opens the doors and the three of them enter.

A second silhouette raises its hand and a dark pink magic circle forms.

The circle not producing enough light to see who's casting it.

Yasaka is enveloped in an aura of the same color as the circle.

The aura and circle disappears and the largest silhouette picks up the fox Yōkai and stands beside the other two.

The silhouette that cast the circle moments ago raises it's hand and a light green magic circle forms.

It begins to teleport everyone away, only for the circle to shatter.

"Now is not the time to be screwing around, get us out of here!" The largest silhouette whisperer-shouts.

"I'm not messing around, there's something preventing me from teleporting." The magic user replies.

"And it's going to stay there till you give her back." A new voice cuts through the darkness.

The silhouettes jump and turn to the source.

Flicking on the lights is a man in a battle kimono with blue shoulder armor holding a white handled blade.