13. Lucifer

✦❘༻ Lucifer ༺❘✦

✦❘༻ Lucifer ༺❘✦

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

Loving you was sunshine,
safe and sound. A steady
place to let down my
defenses. But loving you
had consequences

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

This chapter contains mention of blood and violence.

Faina taps her heels on the pebbled pavement as she waits for her car. Her driver is taking an oddly huge amount of time to pick her up. The classes were a bitch and frustration takes over her as she keeps waiting. She calls him and frowns when he doesn't answer. Hence she walks to the parking lot, angry and drained. She finds him unconscious on the grounds of the parking lot and runs to him.

"Mr. Baek!" she kneels by his side and shakes him up. "Mr. Baek, wake up."

"Oh, I put him to deep sleep alright," a voice comes and a pair of feet halts by her side. She gulps but doesn't look up. She puts up a brave face and stands up facing the guy. "Well then, wake him up. He needs to drive me home," she says, shaking inside and scared to death. The guy chuckles. "I don't think so," he lunges forward to grab her. Faina ducks and kicks him on the leg, sending him to the ground.

"Ahh, I was told you are brat but I guess I underestimated you," he says, getting up. Faina steps back looking around if there is any help. She wanted to call Jimin but she doesn't want to depend so much on him unless necessary.

"Who the fuck are you?" She curses herself for not putting the police on speed dial. "Me?" He points at himself, "I am someone who is going to put an end to all the problems of the world starting with you."

"Excuse me? Problems of the world? I guess your wiring is tampered in the head. Go see a fucking therapsit you sadist," during these conversations she slowly walks towards the car hoping the guy won't notice.

"This is the problem with you humans, God thought you are his proud creation but you are just a bunch of retards," he raises his hand, palm facing her. "This guy is fucking nuts," she whispers to herself. "I suppose you are not a human. Why choose me? There are millions of god's creations out there," she says, now almost near the car. The guy smiles, "Because, you are capable of bringing destruction to the world. You are the chosen one."

"Sure, psycho," she opens the car door and jumps into it. She steps on the wheel and almost hits a pole while reversing her car. The adrenaline is so high that she blindly steps on the wheel and doesn't hit the brakes when the guy stands in front of the car. Blood splatters on the windshield as tears stream down her cheeks. She keeps driving as the wipers clear the blood off it, leaving stains behind.

"Jimin, for the fucksake. Where the hell are you?" Her voice is shaky and she can't control her crying. She almost drives off the road when she hears Jimin's voice from the passenger's seat. "I already told you that I can't be at your disposal all the time. For fuck sake," he sounds irritated but his voice softens after looking at her shaking. Her eyes are still on the road. "Faina," he calls, voice as sweet as honey.