27

"We'd better be getting home," Ron yawns, but he doesn't move. Hermione makes a noise of assent but doesn't move either, combing her fingers through his hair again.

"We did say we would stop by and visit Father this afternoon," Luna says.

"Mhm," Ginny agrees.

"Before you all leave," Draco says, sitting up from where he's ended up, lying with his head on Harry's stomach, "there's one more thing we need to do. Well, I need to do..."

That has everyone's attention. Harry looks questioningly at him, and he sits up, too.

"I know I fucked up last year," Draco says. "Running away. If I had a time-turner, I'd...well, it's no use speculating. The point is, I'm grateful to all of you for your forgiveness, especially Harry, who is still the absolute best thing in my life. And here with our friends, I wanted to..."

Harry is staring at him, eyes wide. "Draco, what...?"

He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out a box. He goes down on one knee. "Marry me?"

"Yes," Harry is on his feet and reaching for him in seconds. "Yes."

"Time to plan a spontaneous trip to France, Harry!" Ginny teases.

They both flip her off without breaking the kiss.

Ron laughs, then coughs uncomfortably when the kiss goes on for several more seconds. "Oi! That's enough, we're in public!"

Harry and Draco flip him off too, but they separate, laughing breathlessly and grinning, foreheads pressed together.

"Scared, Malfoy?"

"You wish."