16

"Potter?"

"Mhm?" Harry traces his hand down his chest, fingers catching on one of the scars that crisscross there, marring the otherwise flawless expanse of skin. He leans down and presses a kiss to his neck, flicks at it with his tongue, and Draco shivers bodily.

"Potter, are you sure this is—ah—I know you like to jump in with both feet, but are you sure this is a good idea? People won't like—"

Harry shuts him up by sealing their mouths together for a soft, lingering kiss. "Stop calling me Potter. And since when have I given a flying fuck what people think?"

"You like it when I call you Potter in bed." Draco's mouth quirks up at the corner.

"Not like that," Harry frowns.

"Right," Draco laughs. "You only like it when it's—" he affects a breathy tone, "oh yes, Potter! Yes, harder, just like that!"

"Shut up." Harry's cheeks have gone very red. "And yes, I'm sure. I'm tired of sneaking around. I want people to know how much I..." Draco's eyes soften, his mouth curving up into a full smile. "I...I care about you. I'm serious about this."

"Alright," Draco says. He brings a hand up to cup Harry's cheek. "But it might go badly."

"It might not," Harry says stubbornly, and Draco laughs. He props himself up on an elbow and leans in for another kiss. "But if you're nervous, we could wait and—"

Draco laughs again and kisses him. "Shut up, Potter."

"I love you," Harry blurts out.

Draco's smile lights up his whole face. "I love you, too," he says. "Potter."