7

"This is your house?" Aiden asks, looking around, eyes wide. "Damn, did you come from money? I thought you said you were a police officer or something?"

"I am," Harry says. "The house belonged to my godfather. He left it to me when he died."

"Oh. I'm really sorry. The house is nice, though."

Harry glances around, thinking of what the house had looked like when he and Draco had first started working on it. And the more recent changes he's made, just to make it okay for Aiden to be here. Draco would hate the addition of the Muggle appliances everywhere, Harry knows. He tells himself not to care.

"Yeah," he smiles faintly, "it is." 

✦ ✦ ✦

Draco has a streak of white paint across his cheek, and a wide grin on his face. "Doesn't the room just look bigger without that horrid wallpaper?"

Harry watches the charmed paint rollers on the walls as they move in nice, even lines. He's right, it does.

"And if we put up those blue curtains, and get new furniture—I already marked a few pages in the catalogue but I want to show you before I order anything—it'll be perfect. This whole house will feel brand new by the time I'm done, I swear I'll make it—mmf!"

Draco doesn't get to finish his sentence, because Harry has grabbed him and kissed him.

"What was that for?" he asks, laughing.

"You," Harry grins. "I just...you're incredible, you know that?"

Draco's cheeks flush, but his smile is teasing. "Just wait until you see what I have planned for the Master Bedroom."

Harry kisses him again, cradling his face in his palms. "I can't wait."