05

ALINA

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

Nothing interesting happened the first day of school, if you subtract the fact that I met a very rude young male and a very interesting boy dressed as a bumblebee.

Classes went by, introductions were made. Word spread around like a wildfire, I went from being unrecognized, to people watching me the second day.

Their eyes watched me with burning flares in the halls, their conversations stopped when I walked by, and every time my name was so little as mentioned in the classroom, the students went utterly silent.

Why?. Because I was new?.

I looked normal, yet I felt like the strangest person to ever cross planet earth. They made me feel like I murdered their grandmother, judging me and whispering when I just wanted to get to class.

The bell rings signalling me to get to second period. No fights were picked this morning in English, that jackass of a boy looked to be absent.

He thought he was cool, or perceived himself as 'all that.' In reality he just looked like he was trying to fit the person everyone wants him to be. Like he wants to make his high school experience fun, so why not fuck with everyone for the fun of it.

I found it quite aggravating. Seeing his smug smile when something went his way. Or his utter shock when I pushed his feet off my chair.

What did he expect?, I wasn't going to sit on the floor or in his lap like everyone else at this school. He was just like me, or you. He wasn't anything special, so why act like he is.

I take my seat in the third row of the class, slinging my backpack around my chair and placing my now cold hot chocolate I bought this morning on my desk.

Prices for things as simple as beverages were going up and I was not about to throw away a five dollar hot chocolate because it was cold.

My bloodline would have easily put every last drop to waste in the trash, but my mom would've made me lick that cup clean.

English class started and the lesson went on and on. My eyes fought to stay awake as my brain tuned in and out every few minutes.

English was always my favourite class, yet for some reason when you don't have the greatest teacher your interest can wither out rather quickly.

"pst..." I hear a hiss beside me, my droopy eyes looking around as my attention is grabbed. "Do you know what she's talking about?."

My eyes find the girl beside me. She has long black hair and a pale complexion.
A white knitted sweater thrown over her body as her pencil tapped the corner of her desk.

"I stopped paying attention after her introduction." I shrug, looking back towards the teacher pacing at the front of the classroom, ranting about how the word 'there' and 'Their' are not the same thing.

A light laugh is heard from the girl beside me. "You're Alina right?." She questioned.

I pulled out the lipgloss from my backpack pocket applying a thin layer to my lips.

"Mhm." I grin, my eyes shift towards the girl beside me. "And you are?"

"Everly." She smiles as her nose scrunches when she grins.

"It's nice to meet you." I smile kindly, expecting the girl to stop the conversation and continue down the spiral of her own thoughts.

"Hey." My attention is turned back towards Everly, watching as she leaned forward in her chair, accidentally dropping her pencil to the floor with a clack.

"Since your new and all, I was wondering if you wanted to eat lunch with us." Her words lingered in the air, the only thing filling the silence being the snores from sleeping students and the lecture from the front of the class.

"Yeah. I would really like that." I nod with a smile, her face brightens like a light bulb being activated by its switch.

"Thank god. We've been needing some new company." She looks back towards the board with a light expression of content.

We?

My mind doesn't press any further questions, letting my body sink into the plastic chair I so eagerly have been wanting to leave.

Today was going to be a long day. I could just feel it.

...

Lunch crept around the corner sooner then I thought it would. I open my locker waiting for Everly.

Near the end of second period She gave me her number to text her where to meet, but then again I don't expect her to show up.

Often times they don't.

My thoughts are disregarded when I hear a voice chirp behind me.

"Hey! Over here!." My head whips towards Everly, my feet pacing as I walk towards her. " I thought you were gonna ditch me."

"Me?." I scoff, "if I don't like you I'll tell you to your face."

" Point taken." A beautiful dark skin girl said, appearing behind Everly.

"I don't like doing introductions. They're, how do I put it, cheesy." She shrugs leaning against the locker beside mine

"I get it, they aren't really my forte either." I nod, shutting my locker closed and turning to the duo behind me.

"Avery." The girl beside me acknowledges.

"Alina."

"Great! Now that that's out of the way, let's go find a seat in the cafeteria. You really don't want to have to sit near Josh today."

Josh?

Avery speaks walking along side me. " Don't worry, you'll figure it out soon enough."

I sure hope so

...

A/n

Hey babes 😻😻 just wanted to say I've been really unmotivated atm and I'm hoping to start writing more frequent chapters soon 😜 the plot will pick up sooner then later but I'm in a massive reading and writing slump rn so I'll try to keep u guys updated!

Anyways ily and if you ever need to chat my inbox is always open <3