CH-10: Zippleback Training

"Today is about teamwork!"

After his first flight with Shadow, Braedey arrived back at the arena, just as Oscar arrived with the others. For the lesson today, it'll be the Hideous Zippleback and everyone will be in pairs.

Gobber grouped everyone in pairs of two: Astrid with Ruffnut, Snotlout with Tuffnut, Braedey with Fishlegs, Jasmine with Joseph, Diane and Oscar. Cassie was left out since she didn't have a partner for this assignment. Everyone else was now a bucket filled with water.

Soon, the doors holding the Zippleback unlocked, but a second later, the doors burst open as a wall of green gas erupted out. It covered the whole arena, making it hard for the teens to try and see where the dragon is.

"Now, a wet dragon head can't light its fire. The Hideous Zippleback is extra tricky. One head breathes gas, the other head lights it." Gobber informed to the teens on what the two-headed dragon does. "Your job is to know which is which." Gobber instructed as the Zippleback growled.

"This is not gonna be easy..." Cassie said to herself softly.

"Razor sharp serrated teeth, that inject venom for pre-digestion." Fishlegs muttered to himself, he and Braedey now back-to-back. "Prefers ambush attack, by crushing its victims--"

"Will you please just stop that?!" Braedey hissed  ack harshly, since he's annoyed with Ingerman's dragon knowledge. Cassie rolled her eyes, since Fishlegs is a know-it-all with all his reading of the Dragon Manual.

Using her senses alone, Jasmine now closed my eyes and listened to what's going on in the smoke. As she did, she heard the Zippleback getting close to one of the pairs. Diane looked left and right, Oscar watching her back to be safe, with Joseph gripping the bucket in his hands.

"If that dragon shows either of his faces, I'm gonna--" Snotlout began. "There!" He then shouted.

Snotlout and Tuffnut both threw the water from the buckets at the figure, but two girls screamed as they got splashed by the water. It appeared that Snotlout and Tuffnut thought they saw one of the Zippleback heads, but they only found Astrid and Ruffnut, thinking they were dragons.

"Hey! It's us, idiots!" Ruffnut barked at her twin brother and Jorgenson.

"Morons..." Diane muttered, he and Oscar snickering back to one another.

"Your butts are getting bigger." Tuffnut insulted the girls. "We thought you were a dragon." He laughed at thinking his sister was a dragon.

Jorgenson added, "Not that there's anything wrong with a dragon-esque figure-- Ow!" Snotlout said, only to get punched in the face by Astrid after being splashed on by water.

"He did not just say that..." Jasmine shook her head in disgust.

Ruffnut threw her bucket at Tuffnut, knocking him down. Just then, the sounds of Tuffnut shouting in fear could be heard within the fog, which meant that the Zippleback found him and was hurting him.

"Wait." Astrid whispered. This made the others think that they were waiting for the Zippleback.

But then, Astrid fell to the floor with Ruffnut and the others, meaning the Zippleback just used it's tail to make them all fall on their backs.

Suddenly, Tuffnut ran out of the fog, screaming in pain. "OH, I'M HURT! I AM VERY MUCH HURT!" He yelled out, while also running over his own sister in the process.

"Well..." Braedey muttered.

"Chances of survival are dwindling into single-digits now." Fishlegs fretted, now scared of which head was now after him.

𝙃𝙏𝙏𝙔𝘿 : 𝘼 𝘾𝙤𝙗𝙖𝙡𝙩 𝙁𝙪𝙧𝙮जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें