CH-6: The Dragon Manual

Later, after the dragon training in the area, back at Raven Point, Braedey got back to the place where he found the Night Fury. He picked up the cut-up bola.

"So, why didn't you kill me when you had the chance?" Braedey asked to himself. "He had the chance to kill me, but he didn't." Braedey stood up and started to think on what he had learnt so far from the dragon. "Why didn't he? Did he let me go because I felt the same for him?"

Braedey now thought when Gobber said 'Always', as he began to walk around the forest. Then, he realised that he said it because all the Vikings think that the dragons would kill no matter if they started it or not.

Once he stopped walking once, Braedey saw he made it to a Cove where he saw a pond and a few trees in the region. It is covered with lush and dense foliage and surrounded by rock faces on all sides, bridged to the outside world by a small gap between two rock faces. The rock faces are covered with vines, moss and thick roots from older trees that sit at the edge of the rock faces. An inland freshwater lake sits in the middle of the area, fed via a small waterfall. The Cove is littered with mossy rocks which forms the occasional stack. There are several taller trees like pine in the Cove.

 There are several taller trees like pine in the Cove

After a few seconds, Braedey breathed a sigh. "Well, this was just stupid."

Just then, Braedey then noticed something black by his feet. As he picked one up, it felt like that of a dragon's scale, more importantly.... a Night Fury scale! This meant that the Night Fury was still here and in the Cove. But where was it?

Suddenly, something big jumped right in front of Braedey, making him jump back in surprise and fright. When he got up, he saw a Night Fury flying about the Cove, but it didn't seem to leave. It seems to be looking about, as if not wanting to get out.

Braedey went down on a ledge, safe from being spotted by the Night Fury and wanted to get a better look at it. Getting his notebook out form his fur vest, Braedey started to draw the shape and size of the Night Fury. As he does the drawing, he took notice of the Night Fury as it looked about, now landing on the ground with a thud. Braedey wondered as to what this dragon was up to.