CH-3: Dragon Raid

This is Berk.

It's about twelve days north of Hopeless, and only a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery.

This is my village. In one word, sturdy. It's been here for about seven generations, but every single building is brand-new. There is fishing, hunting, and there is also a charming view of the sunsets.

The only problems we have are the pests.

An explosion suddenly rocked the exterior of the house. Braedey and Cassie both jump out of bed in response to the explosion. The two of them head off down the stairs. The two looked at one another and nodded their heads.

You see, most places have to deal with, rats, mice or mosquitoes. We unfortunately have...

As Braedey opened the front door of the house, he noticed a Monstrous Nightmare flying hurt outside. It then saw the two siblings at the door, and started shooting fire right at them. So, Braedey and Cassie closed the door quick before the fire hit them.

"Dragons!" Braedey muttered to himself.

"Braedey, stay here, okay?" Cassie told her brother as she got her axe armed and ready.

Braedey shook his head at his sister. "No way, I'm coming with you."

"I wasn't asking. Stay inside until this is over." Cassie stated back firmly as she made her way outside with a yell and her axe raised.

Braedey watched his big sister go into battle. The roars of dragons, the flapping of winds, yells of Vikings, and the heat of the fires could be heard and felt all around him. Braedey watched on for a few moments, then with a small grunt, Braedey started running into the village, now a battlefield now..... thanks to the dragons around.

Most people would leave and run away. Not us. We are Vikings. We have serious stubbornness issues.

As Braedey left the home, he saw a Berkian jumping up to save a sheep from a Deadly Nadder's grasp as he was being carried away by the dragon. At the same time, another Berkian was hitting a Gronkle with a mace in his hand, right in the face as he was being carried away by the dragon too.

My name is Braedey, and the girl from earlier is my big sister, Cassie.

Braedey stopped after seeing a Berkian falling out of the sky in a very random way right in front of him, getting up and holding onto their axe, and ran back into battle. After that, Braedey started running again as he ran past a couple of Berkians as they were carrying a big log over their shoulders until one of the Berkians bumped their heads while holding their axe.

Yeah, my name is not the best. Still, Cassie said my parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our charming Viking demeanour wouldn't do that.

When Braedey turned around, his shoulder were bumped by the other big Berkians as they ran after more dragons. As he turned around, Braedey saw a Gronkle fire at one of the Berkians. That's when he fell to the ground after the blast on a Berkain from the Gronkle's fire.

"Mornin'." Ack, another Berkian, greeted before running off back into battle.

Moments later, Braedey jumped right onto the docks as he kept on running to the Blacksmith where he works, since a couple paths to our destination have been blocked. As he did so, he heard a few Berkians groan in annoyance with him around.