Twenty One || This Is Going To Be A Long Night

Start from the beginning

"Did you have an early class on Friday?"

I shake my head no, "No, but I do have one tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday" I slouch in my spot.

He chuckles, "You have one weird schedule".

I shrug, "I suppose so".

I concentrate on the TV screen that is planted on the wall. Suddenly James shifts over next to me and wraps his arm around me and pulls me into his chest.

I look up at him and raise an eyebrow.

"Get some sleep" he tells me.

I wouldn't usually listen to him, but I did this time because he was right, I did need some sleep.

He lies down with me in his arms, almost making me fall on the floor in the process.
He lies with his back to the couch and mine facing the TV.

I snuggle my head into the crook of his neck and place my hand on his chest. He reaches for the end of the couch and grabs the blanket and puts it over us.

I let out a deep breath that I didn't realize I was holding and settle into his arms. James turns down the volume and starts to slowly caress my back, moving his hand up and then down.

I didn't realize what he was doing made me so tired, but it had. It made me so tired that I didn't have the chance to look at the door as someone entered it.

~

"Please be quiet" James says in hushed tone.

I open my eyes lift my head off his chest and look at him. He looked just as tired as I was before my nap.

"Did I wake you my darling?" He furrows his eyebrows.

I roll my eyes and stand up, "I am not your anything" I walk away from him.

"Looks like someone woke upon the wrong side of the couch" he mumbles as I leave.

I enter the kitchen and see my brother making something.

I plop down on the stool and he looks up at me and smirks.

"So that whole agreement thing you guys have going on is for day and night?" He questions, stirring something in the pot.

"Sure. Lets just go with that" I mumble.

"I really have no idea why you all of a sudden like him now, I mean you hated him in high school. Why the sudden change?" I glances up at me.

I shrug, "People change, Charley. Although I think deep down the old James is still there".

He sets down the spoon and smiles at me, "I doubt that".

"Why?"

"Because I know the old James and I know the new James and the new James is a nice guy" he explains.

I roll my eyes, James and nice do not belong in the same sentence.

"I'm sure" I mumble.

He chuckles and continues stirring.

"What we talking about" James sits down beside me.

"Your agreement" Charley answer plainly.

His eyes widen, "I'm out" he goes to hop out of his chair.

"I don't think so" Charley says.

James sits back down in his seat and slouches.

He sets down his stirring spoon and leans on counter looking between us. "I want to know what this whole agreement is all about" he demands.