Adoption - 2 (Multiple ships)

Start from the beginning

Grian thought for a couple more moments, looking up at the redstoner. "Maybe we should bring Tommy, spend a bit more time together before he turns eighteen and leaves home."

Mumbo flinched, slightly shaking his head. "E-eighteen? You think he'd leave home so soon?"

"He barely even lives here anymore, all his time is spent with Phil." The blonde sighed sadly, standing up as he grabbed the two now-cold cups off tea. He walked into the kitchen, with the mustached Brit following close behind.

"He doesn't hate us, does he? I mean, with all the war and fighting going on, there's no reason to stay there. It's a deathtrap. But he's there, everyday, and there's no explanation!"

Grian shrugged, setting down the cups in the sink. "All I wonder is if Iskall, Stress, and Xisuma have to deal with Tubbo and Ranboo like we deal with Tommy. They're on the DreamSMP too, right? Do they act like Tommy does?"

The redstoner sighed. "Maybe, but who knows? It just feels like these past few years Tommy has been so distant, it really hurts.."

"I know," his husband sighed, standing on his toes to kiss Mumbo on the cheek. "I can't stand it, but what can we do? Tommy comes home at two am, then leaves before we even wake up.."

"We'll figure something out, we always do."

"Right, right." He smiled wearily, the room quickly falling silent. The builder stared out the window, watching as the clouds lazily rolled through the sky, his mind clearly someplace else.

His heart jumped as he felt his husband's hand on his shoulder, Mumbo quickly pulling Grian from his thoughts. "Maybe..." the redstoner pondered aloud, "We should pay Tommy a visit."

"That sounds like a brilliant idea, we can finally see what he's been up to on the DreamSMP!"

"Well, I'll go get ready. You should call Phil and tell him that we're coming for a visit."

Mumbo kissed his husband on the head before turning to head to the bedroom, while the strawberry blonde male smiled as he glanced towards a framed photo hanging on the wall.

One of Tommy's baby photos, the mustached redstoner holding the infant in his arms, the two asleep on the couch. Grian had managed to sneak a picture of the two, which he treasured more than diamonds.

Hopefully, this visit could bring their little family back together.

Mumbo and Grian wandered through the DreamSMP, the two examining the destruction and fire throughout the chaotic server. "Our son has been spending his time here..?" The taller male muttered underneath his breath, taken aback by it all.

"C'mon, dear. It's a server filled with lovely people, I assume. Phil has been here to watch over Tommy throughout it all, if anything horrible has happened, he would tell us."

"Alright.. Did Phil tell you where Tommy has been living?" The redstoner asked, gaining a happy nod from his husband.

"Yep! A little base built into the side of a hill made out of smooth stone. He said that if we just keep following the oak plank road, we'll get there soon."

Mumbo smiled. He hadn't seen the builder so happy in ages, the faint twinkle of energy and joy returning to his eyes. That is, until he blinked. A bit of surprise was the clearest expression on his face, along with confusion.