four

Nico di Angelo had the skin, figure, and aura perfect to be the ivory statue, admired by many even if they were unsure of the muse's name

Nico di Angelo had the skin, figure, and aura perfect to be the ivory statue, admired by many even if they were unsure of the muse's name. And Alek was thinking of this, not because he was attracted to the young boy. No, he meant it as a thought of concern. "Nico, before you go on your expedition wherever, please, do eat at your father's house first. I am afraid that you might blend in too well with the carvings." They were palaces apart, the son of the Underworld at his throne and him at Lana's garden. But of course, with both of their powers, they found a way to communicate throughout these boundaries. Or perhaps, in this case, Alek found a way to nag him still even if Nico was beneath.

"You're not my doctor, Alek

"You're not my doctor, Alek. You aren't even a healer so please." The young boy wanted to swipe his hand and end their line of communication. Yet, at the same time, he didn't wish to. Because it might've been a new feeling to have someone to fuss over him, but it made him feel cared for. Almost like he was loved. "Low blow, but you must promise with me to at least pack food. Or else I'll use my connections and contact your lover doctor to reprimand you himself."

The Ghost King never gave away his sunshine's name. It was his to give away, and for now, until they see each other again, he'll keep it to himself. But that didn't mean he never told anyone about the boy. No, he didn't tell Hazel about the healer's cheekbones, assertive advocacy about the wellbeing, or his sonic abilities. But he did spill it to the boy's somewhat brother. And Nico didn't understand why he told Alek of all people, but maybe it was because the sons of Apollo just had a certain pull.

-----

He sat at a position many wanted to climb to. But their envy matters not when they know what their greedy and prejudiced hearts has produced him to be. An isolated senator. An outcast. Less than he was at the other camp for here, as a person of power, some had to inquire directly to him. But those were only quick moments, and it wasn't too bad because he experienced the advantages to this.

Nico came and go as he and his father pleased. Even the praetor would wound up confused at his arrival and his dismissal. Another is how they may speak about him and fear him, but they cannot provoke him. The fact that his father and he are in contact is a big enough reason to stay away. The power he yields is one too, that even in essence and whispers, the power cannot be vanquished. And that was enough for people to keep a distance yet accept that he was there.