Guideline for Judges & announcement for participants

Ello ello ello!

It's come to the hosts attention that a lot of judges haven't judged before so therefore may be slightly unsure on how to present the details to us.

Firstly, make sure if you are judging that you send ALL your reviews and results through to Alnaebts

Secondly so you know what we are looking for, we recommend you take a look at one of @loraslk's past reviews done so you know what layout we are after.

However please do note that this was a review @loraslk actually gave to someone so don't read and criticize, also our Judging Critera is a bit different (ie. Writing style in our awards is in a block of 30 whereas it isn't in our judging criteria, and also this example had points for rules followed whereas as doesn't) - So keep this in mind that our judging critera is slightly different but you should be writing a lot of words beside scores.

Title: (You would write the book title but I'm taking this out bec it's someone's real work)

Username: (You would write the participants username but I'm taking this out bec it's someone's real work)

Title: 4/5 (Score) It works because of what happens in the book (Did have to slightly change it bec it mentioned book title which you will do), however then you do a 4 year life gap and they aren't at school anymore so it stops making sense (Reason why you gave the score)

Cover: 4/5 Does Jungkook have purple hair in the book? Because that doesn't work. (Cover had purple hair, jungkook in book didn't)

Blurb/Book description: 5/5 No issues with the blurb. (You may do though if it's to short, to long, gives away the plot etc)

First impression: 9/10 Grammatical errors are present in the first chapter as you should use a comma between always and are on the second line. However, it's short and crisp and identifies a popular boy as well as that Yn isn't popular.

Grammar: 13/20 You had some punctuation missing, also a lot of words were spelt wrong, for example you spelt smirk wrong throughout the book. Also occasionally your sentences didn't make sense or you would accidentally write the same thing twice. I also found sometimes your choice of words were wrong and didn't make sense in the book. I believe in chapter 27 I think or maybe 28 you used the word similar when I feel like the word familiar would have been a better choice of word.

Plot: 10/15 The plot was cliche, you have an ex that is creepy etc and have your boyfriend or lover stand up for you. Also a high school setting isn't too ext-ordinary. Also break ups aren't ext-ordinary so it wasn't original. I also found a hole in your plot as Taehyung didn't go to school but yet the night before he drank alcohol, but somehow he wrote in his diary about drinking which somehow made it to school when he didn't go to school that day and landed on her locker. But if he didn't go to school and was drunk the night before, then it just doesn't make sense how the diary got there.

Characters: 7/10 I found Yn wasn't very shy when she was described as shy and also we didn't get a good description of Taehyung's character or Yn's female best friend. (Or their characters shown throughout the novel)

Emotions: 9/10 I felt sad when Yn and Jungkook broke up but also happy whenever she was with Jungkook or when they confessed to each other. Also sad when Taehyung was drinking. Also I felt the emotions when Jungkook and Yn got heated together I suppose. Though I was lacking in connection to the characters through emotions.

Descriptive writing: 2/10 There weren't really any descriptions of places or people. You would just tell people where they were and who the person was. Also you didn't describe the clothes yn would be wearing, you just showed a picture and didn't use your words too. (This stuff probably would come under writing style in our judging criteria)

Overall enjoyment: 3/5 I did like the type of book it was however I did struggle to carry on reading your book because of some mistakes and plot holes.

Rules: /5 (This isn't in our book judging criteria)

Total: 66 + Rules score

~

We just think for new judges it is important for you to see that you need to write a lot to help writers improve long term.

Also don't feel like you have to be really nice to the person's book you are judging, if there is a problem then be honest about it and don't be too soft.

Your book may be 100/100 but surely there has to be at least one problem with it unless y'all are professional writers... - Like come on... Don't be scared to be honest as writers grow from your reviews. Also we won't allow any participants to attack you for your reviews.

IMPORTANT: Your review should have minimum 600 words so make sure you give a decent review along side the scores.

Remember that MINIMUM WORD LIMIT IS 600, Your review should atleast contain 600 WORDS. However, you can write as many words as you want, there is no maximum limit.

You also would repeat the judging criteria for each book. Don't squish all 5 books results together please!!!

We also wanted to know how the participants are supposed to get their reviews, should we pm our reviews to you or publish it in this award book along with all the reviews?

If you want your review to be sent personally to you please vote here:-

If you want your review to be published in this book please vote here:-

Vote by adding '💖' inline.

Thanks for reading, we wish you luck!

Judges ask your doubts here:-

...