And because Sky was clearly just a demon of some sort meant to test my resolve, he lifted up his tank top to wipe the sweat away from his face.

And there it was.

His six-pack.

“What are you?” I murmured, both impressed and terrified by Sky’s ability to be so impossibly attractive.

“What?”

“I mean, what are you working on?” I tried to cover my slip up. “Are you trying to fix the engine or something?”

I pretended to scan my eyes across the car, even though I was still thinking about Sky and his perfect… everything.

“Yeah. I’m working on the engine,” he started. “I thought I was doing pretty well until the tailpipe started smoking again. With cars you always have to check on the oil pressure first, you know, before you start tinkering around with anything else--”

Sky was still talking, but my mind was completely gone.

I made sure to politely nod whenever he seemed to be explaining a new concept, but I honestly wasn’t able to hear another word.

I wanted him. I wanted Sky. I wanted to ask him if he needed any help with the DeLorean, and by help I meant wrapping my lips around his cock while he worked on the engine. I also wondered if he would’ve accepted help in the form of me bending over the hood of the car and letting him thrust into me from behind.

I didn’t care that the garage door was wide open. I didn’t care that the neighbors would’ve heard me moaning from across the street.

I just wanted Sky, and it was getting so bad that I could hardly stand it.

Sky is straight. Sky is straight. Sky is straight.

I reminded myself, again and again, as I politely nodded for the umpteenth time, my mind still lost at sea.

“You look really nice today, Raven,” Sky said with a smile on his face. “I like the way your overalls match your bandana.”

“Thank you.” I smiled back at him, happy that he’d appreciated the extra effort I’d put into my outfit.

I was wearing a black t-shirt with jean overalls and a jean bandana. I wanted to look like the kind of person who went to garages to watch guys work on cars, the kind of person who didn’t also have fantasies about being fucked by the mechanic.

And yet, I still couldn’t help myself. It seemed like Sky was the only thing I wanted in the world.

And in that same moment, the worst idea I’d possibly ever had in my life started to take hold of my brain.

I was going to ask Sky out.

I was going to ask him if he wanted to have dinner with me tonight. Or maybe I was going to ask him if he wanted to catch a movie. Or maybe I was going to ask him if he wanted to go for a walk in the park, maybe grab a bite to eat at one of the food trucks.

It didn’t matter which idea he agreed to, as long as he said yes.

And if he said no?

Then, I was going to tell him that I was just joking. Of course, asking him out was just a joke! Of course, I wouldn’t have ever assumed that Sky was anything other than straight.

I mean, he was straight, wasn’t he?

I thought back to Clarissa’s answer about Sky, the way she dodged the topic of his sexuality, quickly brushing it aside so we could refocus on her wedding plans.