sixteen: a night at the parks'

Comincia dall'inizio

"Are we in your house?"

I heard her soft giggle and when my eyes looked up to her face, she was shaking her head and smiling broadly at me. I didn't know how to feel about that.

Truth was, I'd never been in her room before. Aside from that time she sprained her ankle, I hadn't really been back at the Park residence.

"Of course, silly. Where did you think we were?"

There was this sudden lump in my throat and I felt a strange flutter in my lower abdomen. I'm pretty sure it was the fever, but my face felt hot, so I cleared my throat and averted my gaze in the hopes that she wouldn't see me blush.

"Your room is very... pink."

Seriously, Jisoo? That's the best you could come up with?

"Wait a second..."

Suddenly, the memories of the past few hours were coming back to me: the session with Dr. Jung, Rosé's broken bike, the library, the fountain, the food market...

"I passed out right after we got your food" I said, turning back only to realize she was already staring at me intently. "How the hell did you bring me here by yourself?"

Rosé shrugged as she sat at the edge of her bed.

"I called Jimin" she said like it was the most obvious answer. "I know you don't like hospitals, so we brought you here and made sure you were comfortable. Your temperature was through the roof, but we managed to bring it down."

I frowned at that.

"How did you –"

"You know, you should really be more responsible" she added, cutting me off. "If you weren't feeling well, you could've told me. Why would you strain yourself so much?"

I rolled my eyes at that.

"You're starting to sound a lot like Chaerin – oh shit" and just like that, I was back to panicking. "She's going to fucking kill me. I'm dead meat, I need to go."

I marched my way to her door when she was suddenly standing in my way, just inches from me.

"Woah, where do you think you're going?"

"Please" I scoffed. "You might be taller, but I can easily break you. Now get out of my way."

"No" she deadpanned.

That was the first time I'd ever seen her so serious and it was actually chilling, but don't tell her I said that.

"Don't make me repeat myself, sweet thing" I warned, my voice dropping an octave lower. "Now get the fuck out of my way before I have to do something we'll both regret."

"Like what?" she challenged, taking a step closer.

The dim lights were bouncing off the walls, illuminating half of her face and she was so close that I could take her all in; from her cute nose to her chubby cheeks, and those almond-shaped eyes that were now looking directly into mine like a stare contest of some sort.

It was in moments like these where I could really appreciate the beauty in the clumsiest girl I'd ever known and even for the briefest of moments, I could overlook all of her flaws and just appreciate her for what she was... beautiful.

And I know what you're thinking, this is crazy and most likely just the fever talking, but it's the truth. And so, I don't know what compelled me to do that, but one moment we were staring at each other at the entrance to her room, and the next we were rolling around in her bed, twisting, kicking and giggling as we were in the midst of a very aggressive tickle fight that I was, of course, winning.