three: paint but the t is silent

That morning I was in school way earlier than usual. 7am to be exact, and I already felt like ending things.

Why was I so early? Simple. Fucking vice-principal decided that, as punishment, I'd have to paint the entire school building from front to back. How the fuck was I supposed to do that, I had no idea, but it's not like I had any other choice. I was basically on the tight rope until graduation, and that's if I even managed to graduate. It would've made my mother so proud... but whatever, there's nothing I could do about that either. I was doomed, always doomed.

Anyway, I was already on my strike two and I couldn't risk a third one or I'd end up in the streets, so I had to use the only resource available: copy baby loser's work to pass all my classes. But there was a catch, and it meant risking my own life just breathing the same air around her. Can you imagine the obituary notice? "Death by Roseanne Park – disaster master". Yikes.

As I was saying, that morning I was painting the walls to the science lab, you know, just minding my own business until it hit me that of course I'd find the annoying nerd loser there. Of-fucking-course! Why did I even think I could have a normal morning? I should've known better.

The moment she saw me, she walked over to me and smiled like we were friends or something. Bitch, we just met! Ugh, anyhow, she got closer to apologize like I needed it and I had to fight the urge to roll my eyes at her intrusion.

"Good morning, miss Ki – Jisoo unnie" she corrected herself.

"Hello" I said, not even bothering to look her way.

"I wanted to apologize about yesterday" she started, timidly.

From my peripheral vision I could see that kept getting closer to the ladder I was standing on, and my fight-or-flight instinct immediately woke up. Oh hell no!

"Stop!" I yelled and she stared at me wide eyed.

"Huh?"

It wasn't until her eyes looked up that I realized I was gripping her hand tightly, and her face immediately went crimson at the contact and close proximity, but I didn't care. I was already pissed.

"Now listen to me, baby loser, and you listen to me very well" I growled in her face. "Don't ever come near me, this ladder or this wall while the paint is still fresh. Capisce?"

Slap!

I have no idea how or when, but one minute I was holding her hand, and the next one that same hand left a stinging red mark on my face that also sent my brain to overdrive.

"What the fuck was that for?!"

"I am not a loser!" she yelled angrily.

Before she could walk away, I took her by the arm and forced her to turn around.

"Let me go!"

"You're not fucking going anywhere until you apologize" I came down the ladder and pulled her towards me with strength.

"Why would I apologize to you?" she looked down at me with a scowl.

Damn her stupid tall ass.

"You're such a fucking –"

"And then you want to act like you're not an animal" I heard Bobby's stupid voice cutting me off, who was walking in our direction. "Why don't you leave the poor girl alone and go find another dyke to bother?"

"Mind your business, limp dick" I snarled at him. "What the fuck are you even doing here right now?"

"I came to see what humiliating punishment they gave you this time around, Kim" he mocked, which only made my blood boil in anger. "Those coveralls really suit you. If I wasn't sure before, I'd really know for a fact now that you're a disgusting lesbian."