HEY POPPY: PART ONE

I wake up feeling extremely homesick. My talk with Sophie last night made me remember just how much I missed my friends and my old life.

So I get out of bed and angrily get dressed. I am clearly in a bad mood.

As soon as I reach the school, I angrily walk to the library and pick up a random book.

I settle in my usual seat that's opposite Nate's and bury my head in the book.

Nate tries to make some small talk but I dismissively ignore him. He sends a coffee my way that I gratefully accept.

We have started a routine of coming to school an hour early and keeping ourselves company in the library.

It is Nate's job to bring us coffee. All I have to do is show up.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Nate asks as he puts his book down.

"Why do you care?" I fire at him.

"Oh, I do not. I just don't want my morning to be ruined by your foul mood." Nate leans into his chair as he says this.

"Then why don't you leave me alone."

"If you were not aware, I used to occupy this seat before you came to Berkley. It has the best view of the rest of the school, right?"

"Yeah, so what are you trying to tell me?" I impatiently ask.

"I am just saying that maybe you should try to I don't know, chill."

"Your only saying that because you don't even know what's happening atound you." I tell him, referring to Brooke and her honey.

"What are you talking about? I always know what's going on around me." Nate asks, his eyebrows knitted in confusion.

"Apparently not about the person who Brooke swaps spit with." I mutter very lowly.

But unfortunately for my large mouth, Nate hears and storms out of the library in a haste.

I watch as he exits the library leaving me alone, once again.

What have I just done. Nate didn't deserve my meanness. He was only just trying to keep me company.

I have to find him and apologise so I also gather my things and walk out of the library.

The halls are already packed with students so finding Nate here won't be so easy.

"Hey, you." Someone says as they wrap their arms around my waist.

I turn around and look at Morgan who has a huge smile on her face. I send a forced smile her way, just for the sake of formality.

"You will never believe what happened to me yesterday." Morgan says as she drags me towards her locker.

"What happened?"

"Well, there is this guy that I have been crushing on. He goes to St. Patrick's." Morgan says and then further explains when she sees me cock my head to the side.

"It's this all boys school that has the hottest guys. Anyway, so his house is kind of right next to mine and I may or may not have a tiny obsession with him."

"Wow, so your capable of having a real relationship other than just sex?" I sarcastically ask her, before I bite my tongue.

What is wrong with me today. I barely even know her and yet I am judging her.

Morgan looks angry for just a split second before her face breaks out into an large grin. "Very funny Sienna."

I quickly change the subject. "So, does your mystery man have a name?"