RAIN ON MY PARADE

I am completely detached from any conversation my family is having.

All I can think about is crawling under the covers with a bottle of sweet red wine and drinking myself to sleep.

My mom and Angie keep the table live with their constant energy meanwhile I sit gloomily like a constant rain cloud glaring at my plate of food.

Calliope and my dad eagerly answer the two ladies meanwhile my younger step brother Austin looks like he would rather be anywhere but here.

My new phone buzzes on my lap and I pick it up, glad that I was able to save my old number and my contacts. It got a text from an unknown number.

Unknown no: Hey

Me: Who is this?

Unknown no: Wow, you really get straight to the point.

Me: I don't have time for this.

This entire conversation is already starting to dampen my already damp mood. So if this person keeps on playing games, I am going to go wild.

Unknown no: How about I refresh your memory.

I gasped. Below the message is a picture of me on my knees doing what I did yesterday. (I had promised myself to never mention or remember that incident).

I frantically begin to look around to see if anybody has seen what I could only describe as sheer horror before I go back to my phone.

It could only mean one thing. Either this unknown messager is Nathaniel or he sent the picture to the rest of the student body and someone is tormenting me.

Me: Is this Nathaniel?

I type with shaky hands.

Unknown no: If I had known you were so dumb, I wouldnt have bothered to take this picture.

Unknown no: Of course its Nathaniel.

Me: Then delete the picture!!!

Unknown no: That would be such a waste of a perfectly good picture, now wouldnt it.

I was seething. Where did he even get my number from?

Me: Who gave you my nunber?

Unknown no: Doesnt matter.

"Sienna, is that your phone?" My dad asks. I look up distracted for a minute barely registering what he is saying.

"Sorry." I sigh and put my phone away remembering our distinct no phones at the table rule.

The rest of my family go back to whatever they are doing meanwhile, I sit tight waiting for this night to end.

Soon I am hugging Angie and Calliope bidding them a good night as I simply wave at my dad and Austin who just grunts and walks back into the house.

He is a weird kid.

I text Lila telling her to bring some strong stuff for our night because I just really wanted to get drunk.

"You were awfully quiet today." My mom states as she stares ahead.

I am currently sitting next to her as she drives us home.

"I just wasnt in the mood to talk."

"Are you okay, honey?" My mom asks, her eyes planted on the road.

"Yeah. I just want to go home."

"Home it is."

I lean against the car window and fall asleep. My mom wakes me up and I realise that we have just arrived home.