"And so......I followed after you today alone."

He went there just to get an answer.

Ye Shu understood his intention. His voice suddenly became a bit hoarse, "How......How can you be like this. If I had really left today......"

"Then I would woo you back," Jin Wang smiled as he stroked Ye Shu's hair. "Xiao Huan thinks that taking you to their fief would make everything fine, that time and tide would be favorable. He underestimates me too much."

"I never give up easily on what I want."

Jin Wang gazed into Ye Shu's eyes as he added seriously, "This is something you taught me as well."

With sour in his eyes, Ye Shu lowered his head. "......It wasn't me."

Jin Wang asked, "What did you say?"

"I said, it wasn't not me." Ye Shu did not dare to look at him. His voice soft but clear,"Jin Wang, what I said to Xiao Huan earlier today was not a lie, I am not the Ye Shu you know. I......I have been deceiving you."

Jin Wang's hand stroking Ye Shu's back faltered, before slowly withdrawing.

Ye Shu could not contain the trembling of his hands as he took a deep breath and tried to keep his voice steady.

But he was not able to. He stumbled to even construct basic sentences.

Ye Shu spoke incoherently as he spluttered out everything about the transmigration, the original story, his true identity, and the lies he had told.

When he reached the end, Ye Shu's voice shook more and more. "......That's how it is. I'm not the Ye Shu that you knew. I don't know where the real Ye Shu went. I......I'm not worthy of your kindness."

The hall was silent for some time.

Ye Shu did not dare to turn his head and look at the expression of the man beside him, but he couldn't ignore the feeling of the latter's gaze upon him.

As time grew lengthy in the silence, Ye Shu felt like he had been put on fire, slowly sizzling and being tormented, almost driven mad by such feelings.

"All done?" Jin Wang suddenly asked.

Ye Shu nodded slowly.

Jin Wang sighed as he leaned over and opened his arms towards Ye Shu, as if he wanted to hug him.

Ye Shu reflexively stood up and avoided his embrace.

Jin Wang looked up. With his tone indistinguishable between joy and anger, "What, you won't let me hold you anymore?"

"I......" Ye Shu frantically met Jin Wang's gaze, but there was no indignation in the latter's eyes.

Jin Wang stretched his body on the small couch, saying leisurely, "Haven't we agreed that I would respect your decision after the confession?"

Ye Shu nodded. "...Mnm."

"Then won't you come over?"

Ye Shu could not fathom his thoughts. He hesitantly moved half a step forward, then another half step, before being pulled directly into Jin Wang's arms.

Jin Wang made Ye Shu sit on his lap, embracing him tightly from behind, with his head resting on the other's shoulder.

"Those earlier days were indeed unfair to you," Jin Wang suddenly said softly.

Ye Shu was taken aback.

"You came to this strange world having neither friends nor relations. Even your life was under threat. You must have been terrified, mustn't you?"