Jin Wang reflected on this in his mind.

Ye Shu just then turned over again and burrowed into Jin Wang's embrace, his head rubbing against the crook of his arm. "Stop the noise......"

"Mhm, no noise for you." Jin Wang stroked his hair and said in a soft voice, "Sleep now."

And so, he fell into a deep dreamless sleep.

When Ye Shu woke up the next day, Jin Wang was indeed already gone.

When the palace maid came in to help him freshen up, Ye Shu couldn't help but ask, "Last night...... Did you find anything unusual?"

A young girl in palace clothes was rolling up the bed canopy when she stood still fora moment. "This servant was keeping watch outside the hall last night and found nothing unusual. What is it that My Lord is referring to?"

"......It's nothing."

Jin Wang apparently did leave before sunrise, just as he said he did.

Ye Shu sighed, somehow feeling a little unhappy in his heart.

The palace maid pushed open the window that Jin Wang used last night. Outside in the courtyard, eunuchs were bustling around with red silk lanterns in their hands.

As the end of the year approached, the inner servants were beginning to clean and decorate the palace.

Everyone went about their tasks throughout the day, giving the cold and empty palace a more festive atmosphere.

Ten days passed in a flash. On New Year's Eve, His Majesty the monarch was hosting a banquet for all the officials at Fangxuan Tower.

When Ye Shu arrived outside Fangxuan Tower, the officials had not all yet arrived.

As people were milling around outside the building, Ye Shu was helped out of the imperial palanquin by an inner servant. Looking up, he saw a figure standing outside the hall.

It was Xiao Huan.

Xiao Huan, smiling, walked over and bowed to him. "Greetings, Your Highness."

Ye Shu returned the courtesy.

After several days of not seeing him, the youth looked even worse than before. It was evident that that dog emperor had not spared him these few days given the approaching New Year's Eve.

Xiao Huan sighed in his heart as he looked at the other party with a hint of sympathy.

While no one was paying attention to their side, Xiao Huan took another step forward and asked in a low voice, "How has Your Highness been considering my offer these few days? Don't forget our appointment."

Ye Shu naturally had not forgotten.

Not only did he not forget, but because of this matter, he had spent the past few days losing sleep thinking about it.

Before Ye Shu could answer, Jin Wang's voice rang out from behind him, "What are you two talking about?"

Ye Shu was so frightened by him. A shiver ran down his spine and he turned around. "Y-Your Majesty......"

Jin Wang put his arm around him in a natural manner. "The banquet is about to start. Follow me upstairs."

"Yes......"

Jin Wang paid no attention to Xiao Huan who was still standing by, and walked straight towards Fangxuan Tower with Ye Shu in his arms.

Xiao Huan showed displeasure, but he did not dare to say anything. With a cold snort, he turned around and walked towards the side door from where the officials would enter the hall.