Chapter 15: The Last Chapter

I tried to wake up as early as I could so that I can be able to sneak into Markus's house. I contacted his parents the other night and told them that I will surprise Markus. And it was Markus and I's first-ever anniversary. I chose to wear a brown hoodie that Markus always loved for me to wear.

I brushed my hair and I ironed it using a hair iron and a blower so that I could look good. I put on a little bit of makeup just to lighten my face, and I looked into my mirror and grabbed the box of cake that I baked.

I went to my car and started it. There was a little bit of a chill beat music into my ears and a smile on my face. I looked around and I found the other people passing by.

I smiled while I was looking at my phone that was on top of the case where I usually place my drinks. Suddenly, one thing came into my mind. It was also the day of Harold and Markus's friendship anniversary so I thought carefully and the thought that Harold is there bothered me a lot.

I stopped for a while in front of a supermarket. I grabbed my phone and tapped Harold's name above a randomized number in my phone's phone book. "Hello, Harold where are you?" I asked and stared at the cake beside me. "At my best friend's house why?" He said.

"Go away"

"Wait what? No!"

"Ok, it is our first Monthsary so please don't steal our moment"

"But I am already here in front of his house"

"That's why I want you to go away"

"But no!"

"Harold please, I planned for this"

"Fine! Whatever!"

"Thanks, you so much" I rejected the call and smiled. It was my moment. Well, that is what I thought. I continued driving until I arrived at Markus's house. I opened the door with the keys that his parents gave me the other night and I looked for Markus's room until I found it with blue cardboard and different playful letters that states his name.

I opened the door of his room with the keys that his parents gave me too. I managed to sneak inside and sat on his bed.

Slowly and sweetly, I whispered, "Markus! Markus!" Until he opened his right eye and looked at me but when he realized that I was there, his eyes became so much bigger than how it was before.

"How did-" I cut his words off and showed him the keys that I had in my hands. "Oh, yeah I see" I showed him the box of cake I brought and celebrated, "ta-da!" He smiled at me and fixed his hair then he sat next to me and said, "I can't believe you are the one who did this. I was just planning about this but then, you're here so what can I do with it?" I smiled slightly and untied the ribbon that was wrapped into the box.

"Wow!" That was all that came out of his mouth when he saw the cake. I pointed out the plates and forks that I had in my bag and gave the other two to him. "Ok, I haven't eaten my breakfast yet, but I'm ok with this" Markus said sarcastically and I took a slice of the black forest flavored cake. "I could say that it's nice!" He said after taking his first bite. "Wow, thanks" but he looked at me confusedly like I did a crime and he asked, "wait, how did you know that I love black forest?" I had a few goosebumps but I just didn't mind it and looked at Markus.

"Well, this is Andrew's favorite cake flavor, and I already felt ashamed in asking your mom about what is the flavor of cake that you like the most, so I just depended it on Andrew's choice with the thought that you will like it too and right now I guess you do" I felt bad when I saw that the bright smile on Markus's face just vanished. It was cringe. I completely, cringe.