Chapter 12: The Stars

"Help!!! Help me please!!!" I heard someone shouting out her lungs. I was sure that it was a girl. Her voice was familiar, sounds so loud, and it was a noise breaker voice too. In a dark and gloomy hallway, I walked and walked until I found a door that says "do not enter", but because I heard someone who needs my help, I went inside and saw a blurry face that I could barely remember. Her hair was blonde but her face was blurry and I can't even see her properly. There was another girl that stands beside her, her hair color was the same as mine and she looks like me even though I can't see her face.

The lights turned off themselves as I woke up into reality. "AAHGHHHH!!!!!" I screamed my lungs out and saw everything inside my room. The lights, my bed, my office table, everything was normal. What I saw is just a bad dream, a memory, a strange memory that I don't want to remember at all.

Back when I was in 7th grade, I was kidnapped, they said that I was close to someone who had a lot of debt and if I did not give them money, they won't let me go or they would just kill me. Once that they were eating and gone, I and the other girls managed to find a way out. But the other two girls were both not able to get out because the kidnappers caught them and I had no choice but to let them go.

It was a big trauma for me. I never told anyone about that. Even Lorie, my dad or my mom, or Thea. No one. Literally no one. I kept it a secret. I don't know if the kidnappers are still alive but I don't know why they are not searching for me anymore. I don't know why they are not kidnapping me, and on the day that I escaped from them, I don't know why they just acted like they don't care and just let me go.

But the good thing is that I'm alive and I am safe. But I still feel nervous when I go outdoors. "Are you ok?" Lorie asked me with a towel on her hair and indicated to her hair. "Yes, I'm ok" I answered in a speechless way. "Why did you scream?" She asked me then looked at my foot that was already outside of my comforter that used to cover my whole body while I was sleeping. "Never mind" then the doubt in my heart finally vanished by its self and walked away.

I sat on my office chair and just stared at my corkboard that has some sticky notes on it and of course, a lot of letters and words. I looked at a notepad that says "Luv ur self". I removed the cork pin on top of it grabbed the note pad and stared at it. I took a deep breath and after a minute, for no reason, I stopped staring at it then I noticed something weird. Something unusual. At the bottom of the space where I got my notepad, I saw a picture of me and Andrew with plastic wrappers of a Kit Kat. I don't remember the day that this thing happened but I remember the sequences that happened at that time. But I don't know how that picture gets there. I was looking for that picture for a lot of years and I did not notice that it is here. I thought that it was missing or gone.

I shook my head sidewards and placed the notepad back to where it was before. I grabbed my phone and opened Spotify to listen to some music. I plugged my earphones on and tapped a small picture with letters beside it from my phone 🎵you called me again, drunk in your Benz driving home under the influence, you scared me to death but I'm wasting my breath because you only listen to your stupid friends🎵 I closed my eyes until I heard someone knocking into our door even if it was open. I unplugged my earphones and looked at dad who was standing in front of me with one eyebrow that was raised. "Hey kiddo, please lower the volume of the music for the next time ok? It might damage your ears" he warned me as he looks so suspicious to my eyes.

"Anyway, I just want to say that later at night, I and your mom are going on a date so just buy your food I left money in there. Maybe we will be home at eleven. Don't wait for us, Lorie also already told me that she is going to a little bit of bonding with her friends so take care of your self" he added. Sure! No problem! I nodded my head and dad did the same thing. I know this since I was a kid. Dad and mom always have a little bit of a date night at least every month.