Chapter 14: Into You

Lorie rolled her eyes and my skin's hair raised by its self when I heard the gate of the garden's opening creepy sound. It felt like someone entered the garden.

I looked back then I saw Markus entering the whole place with a key in his hands. I became so confused when I saw him looking at us with a shocked face. Then, Lorie whispered, "your boyfriend is here"

"Markus? What are you doing here?"

"Oh, Ummm, me??? Well, I... I..." he stopped for a while but then he continued, "I'm here to clean this place"

"Clean this place? Why?"

"Oh, umm, that? Well, it's for... the umm... it's for the charity"

Even though I wasn't sure of what I said, I still let those words come out of my mouth because I was just confused. But things felt a little bit more complicated. It's like that he didn't answer my question even though he did. "Should we go out of here if you are going to clean this place?"

"Yes, if it's ok for you. But you can stay here if you want to"

I looked into Lorie's eyes and I stood up and grabbed her hands, come on! Let's go" she rolled her eyes and said, "fine" but then, he looked at Markus with a confused face and said, "wait what? You're going to clean this place, on your own?" Markus nodded his head and Lorie did the same thing and said, "ok". Then we took our way to go outside of the garden until Markus slammed the door quickly and its sound's force almost shook me up and down.

Lorie and I both looked at the gate and suddenly looked away after raising our shoulders together.

****

I looked at my alarm clock and saw that it was already 7:00. It means that dinner will be ready in an hour. Lorie came out of our room's bathroom while she was blowing her hair with a gray hair blower.

I looked at my laptop again and continued working on my digital bujo journal. "Hey girls, dinner will be ready in just an hour. Prepare your selves." Dad took a little bit of a look into our door but he walked away after a second. "Yes dad," Lorie and I said at the same time.

I closed my laptop and grabbed my phone and Lorie placed her hair dryer on top of her bed and we got ourselves out of our room.

I sat on a chair beside my mom and Lorie sat beside my dad. "Hello, girls!" Mom said as she gives us the plate filled with pizza. My palm almost dropped because the plate was really heavy but I managed to hold it tightly because I used both of my hands to hold the plate tightly.

"Thanks," Lorie said after I passed the plate to her.

I took my first bite into the pizza and looked at it. "How was your day girls? Dad asked us while he was slicing his pizza. "Well, it was good," Lorie said while she was chewing her pizza. "Same," I said and dad nodded his head while looking at our mom.

"Ding dong" we all stopped and looked at the door of our house and Lorie volunteered herself to check who was it when she stood up and walked towards the door.

When she opened it she looked back at us and suddenly looked outside again and she said loudly, "oh my god, it's not for me," she looked away and walked back to our table but she kept the door open.

It was obvious that she was wanting me to look at the door because she was sarcastically looking and smiling at me. I stood up and made my way to the door and I saw Markus standing with a blue sweater and brown pants that fit his hair color.

"Hey! Markus, what are you doing here?" I asked and he showed me a small box covered with a gift wrapper that has flowers all over it and it also has my name on top of it and he said, "I just want to give you this"